“Funky find. ”

Ranked #2,885 of 10,303 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

Not your average restaurant find for three tourists but I’m so happy we gave it a try. My friends were a bit skeptical when our cab driver told us its was in a location that used to be the ghetto but was going through a revitalization. Don’t be put off because of that - it’s a great place with a funky vibe and great atmosphere. My beverage of choice was the disco juice, it was heavy on the watermelon juice and fairly light on the Tito’s. Which was fine by me because I was able to have two. We ordered the fried eggplant, chicken yakitori, Kalua Bao, Pineapple fried rice, fried chicken. While I love eggplant- this was not a favorite. The eggplant was almost a liquid state inside of the batter. Other than that everything was very good. I’d go back if I’m ever in Toronto again.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed December 1, 2018

So this place was interesting and the menu was very cool. So much so that I had a hard time trying to choose what I should eat.

I ended up picking the "Lau Lau" because I think all food should be eaten on a banana leaf :P

The concept was cool but it was a bit of a mess to eat because you had to "build" almost like a mini spring wrong. The meat was a little cold as well so that wasn't a positive. Also I feel like they should've just had the Poi instead of adding the sushi rice as well - I ended up not using much of the rice.

I tried to go adventurous and it back fired. The only reason why I would give it a three is because everyone else loved their food so I'd absolutely go back to try out the other items.

The fried Eggplant appetizer was an absolutely homerun though

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I've been to Miss Things twice now and have had different experiences. I took my friends there for a bday dinner and the food was awesome! We had the Kalbi Ribs, Fried Eggplant, the Poke Tacos and the Edamame, topped off with the Pineapple Fried Rice.
My daughter told me it was the best fried rice in the city, and it was great. It's served in half a pineapple. the Jackfruit really adds a special texture. All the apps were really good, some were not a lot of food, but very tasty, some dishes were plentiful as an app.
The only issue that night was the back room turned in to a dance party and the music was really loud, with little help from the walls to have a quiet experience, it was a late dinner though. The next time we ate there, the food was less impressive, so not sure what happened there, still a lovely night out. Drinks/ cocktails are creative and tasty, a little on the pricy side for me, but worth it. Definitely check this place out for a cool place to hang and yummy and different food. Best Eggplant dish EVER!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed September 6, 2018

Hubby and I wanted something that would remind us of Maui and found this little spot. Everything was AMAZING! We shared a large plate of the Pineapple Fried Rice and ordered three small plates as sides - the shrimp, chicken and fritters. We had three of the cocktail drinks - all amazing!!!!
Our server was super nice and kept us entertained and checked just enough, that it wasn't over the top. We will definitely be back!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We went for drinks and snacks. The bartender, Robin, knows more about Rum than anyone I have ever met. He made us this green drink with multiple layers and multiple textures that blew us away!

The snacks provided were very good. Corn fritter along with some deep fried eggplant that was in this incredible sauce. We loved them both. Mostly we cannot wait to return for the drinks. Fun place for sure.

Date of visit: July 2018