“Outstanding Food and Service.”

Olde Towne Bistro & Oyster Bar
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Leader Ln.
Transit: King Street station on the ttc yonge street line
Description: Lucien Restaurant is located in the historic Olde Town Toronto neighbourhood of the St.Lawrence Market, right on the edge of the Financial district. Come and enjoy our local, organic and artisinal cuisne in a beautiful setting. Chef Etienne Lemieux presents an ever changing seasonal menu featuring modern takes on classical dishes. A series of local farmers deliver everything from duck to beef, pork and deer right to our back door. Excellent fish selections are available as well and we roll a diiferent home-made pasta selection every day. Close to local theatres - the Sony and Hummingbird Centres - and a short walk to the Air Canada Centre, Lucien is a great place for a pre-game or theatre meal. A wonderful 50 seat intimate restaurant with a great 15 seat cozy bar featuring fresh oysters. Or book our semi private room for your next private function or corporate event!
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were at Lucien's on July 12th for Lunch for the Summerlicious menu.

We were also celebrating my sister in law birthday and she had chosen this place, even if for all of us it was the first time there.

We were greeted by the host who seated us with a good view on the action at this popular spot.

We then we greeted by an excellent waiter (the bill had the name Puzzo listed) and he, I must say, had a "five-star restaurant" class.

We ordered from the Summerlicious menu, and had:

Smoked chicken salad as an appetizer and
2 of us had the pasta with Tiger Shrimp
and one had the Brisket.
For dessert, we all had the very different cherry jubilee. (See pictures)

Our waiter came to get our order and we appreciated that he mentioned that because it was lunch time and the place does get busy, we should order right away and then we would have time to enjoy. His suggestions on wine were also right. It "did" get quite busy but probably because of this, we had just perfect time between plate, to enjoy the wine and and have a chat.

Every dish was well presented and was tasty. Perfect portion, not too big and not too small.
I cannot say anything wrong since even timing between dishes was A1.

I would recommend this place to my best friends, hoping they could be served by "Puzzo".

We certainly will put it on our list to go back when in Toronto.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My friends and I were looking for a spot to treat an out of town guest on February 14. We were able to get a lovely table that we booked on line a few days ahead. We were accommodated when we needed to push back the reservation a little as there was a flight delay. It was a lovely night. Wonderful ambience in a small intimate setting. We took many lovely pictures that turned out great. Nice wine selection. Diverse menu. Everyone enjoyed the meal. The desserts were decadent and delicious. The service was perhaps the best we have experienced in the city. The staff worked well together. They were knowledgeable, attentive and friendly. Our only quibble was that we called in advance of our visit and specifically requested one vegetarian meal. There was no record of the request when we arrived so the server simply put together some vegetables and pasta. It was disappointing but on the whole everyone was more than pleased. I would happily recommend this restaurant to friends. Though I would suggest that the guests have the time to truly enjoy their meal. And leave room for dessert.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant has been a Toronto favourite for my partner and I for the past few years. Although the service is mainly handled by one main person, his micromanagement guarantees that you will get great service. We have been to the restaurant a few times now and the food has always been so perfectly cooked and presented. The venue is a little small but cozy and welcoming. This particular visit was different as I am pregnant and I was limited to a lot of meals however, the staff amended their courses and drinks to give me great options. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an intimate personal venue with great food.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were directed here by the concierge at the Westin, who noted that the restaurant really takes care of its guests. The interior was warm and the menu was inventive and unusual -- red deer tartar, calves' livers, butter ice cream -- but that's then end of the positive things I have to say. The service was perplexing. One man handled most everything (despite the presence of underlings) and was painfully slow, but not because they were so busy -- he just didn't seem to get that we didn't want to spend hours and hours at his restaurant. When the food finally came, it was okay. My halibut dish had unadvertised bacon bits on top of the wilted greens which, since I don't eat meat, was a bit of a turnoff. Given how insanely long it had taken for the food to come, though, there was no way I was sending it back. The fish, which by itself was very good, was coated thickly with tartar sauce and way too many panko crumbs.

All in all, would not go back or recommend. And I'd encourage the staff to tune in a little more to customers. If a table is repeatedly trying to get your attention to order or get the check, don't make them wait over and over again!

1  Thank Clarkthehorse
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lucien provides one of the best dining experiences in Toronto. I have never come away from a meal at Lucien without the feeling of wanting to come back again the next night. From the great service, amazing beverage list to the sensational menu, Lucien hits all the right notes. It is a small space, and though can get noisy if there is a big setting, it never feels overcrowded. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone to try.