“Excellent service, food was done beautifully”

Olde Towne Bistro & Oyster Bar
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Leader Ln.
Transit: King Street station on the ttc yonge street line
Description: Lucien Restaurant is located in the historic Olde Town Toronto neighbourhood of the St.Lawrence Market, right on the edge of the Financial district. Come and enjoy our local, organic and artisinal cuisne in a beautiful setting. Chef Etienne Lemieux presents an ever changing seasonal menu featuring modern takes on classical dishes. A series of local farmers deliver everything from duck to beef, pork and deer right to our back door. Excellent fish selections are available as well and we roll a diiferent home-made pasta selection every day. Close to local theatres - the Sony and Hummingbird Centres - and a short walk to the Air Canada Centre, Lucien is a great place for a pre-game or theatre meal. A wonderful 50 seat intimate restaurant with a great 15 seat cozy bar featuring fresh oysters. Or book our semi private room for your next private function or corporate event!
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant has been a Toronto favourite for my partner and I for the past few years. Although the service is mainly handled by one main person, his micromanagement guarantees that you will get great service. We have been to the restaurant a few times now and the food has always been so perfectly cooked and presented. The venue is a little small but cozy and welcoming. This particular visit was different as I am pregnant and I was limited to a lot of meals however, the staff amended their courses and drinks to give me great options. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an intimate personal venue with great food.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were directed here by the concierge at the Westin, who noted that the restaurant really takes care of its guests. The interior was warm and the menu was inventive and unusual -- red deer tartar, calves' livers, butter ice cream -- but that's then end of the positive things I have to say. The service was perplexing. One man handled most everything (despite the presence of underlings) and was painfully slow, but not because they were so busy -- he just didn't seem to get that we didn't want to spend hours and hours at his restaurant. When the food finally came, it was okay. My halibut dish had unadvertised bacon bits on top of the wilted greens which, since I don't eat meat, was a bit of a turnoff. Given how insanely long it had taken for the food to come, though, there was no way I was sending it back. The fish, which by itself was very good, was coated thickly with tartar sauce and way too many panko crumbs.

All in all, would not go back or recommend. And I'd encourage the staff to tune in a little more to customers. If a table is repeatedly trying to get your attention to order or get the check, don't make them wait over and over again!

1  Thank Clarkthehorse
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lucien provides one of the best dining experiences in Toronto. I have never come away from a meal at Lucien without the feeling of wanting to come back again the next night. From the great service, amazing beverage list to the sensational menu, Lucien hits all the right notes. It is a small space, and though can get noisy if there is a big setting, it never feels overcrowded. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone to try.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Suggested by the concierge of the King Edward Hotel as it was supposed to be good and close. We were going on foot. It was cold and vacillating between rain and drizzle! We were pleased with his recommendation although we found the menu more limited than we normally like and seemed to have more fish than meat! Service was however fast and good. What we did have was well prepared. Because of the menu's limited choices and ones that are not really to my liking I would not go back BUT that is a purely personal choice. The place is clean, the food good, and service quick and attentive,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The elevator table is SO amazing! Super romantic date! I was so surprised that I would recommend it to anyone. The resto is small, but quaint and has great decor.