“Superbe!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Leader Ln.
Transit: King Street station on the ttc yonge street line
Description: Lucien Restaurant is located in the historic Olde Town Toronto neighbourhood of the St.Lawrence Market, right on the edge of the Financial district. Come and enjoy our local, organic and artisinal cuisne in a beautiful setting. Chef Etienne Lemieux presents an ever changing seasonal menu featuring modern takes on classical dishes. A series of local farmers deliver everything from duck to beef, pork and deer right to our back door. Excellent fish selections are available as well and we roll a diiferent home-made pasta selection every day. Close to local theatres - the Sony and Hummingbird Centres - and a short walk to the Air Canada Centre, Lucien is a great place for a pre-game or theatre meal. A wonderful 50 seat intimate restaurant with a great 15 seat cozy bar featuring fresh oysters. Or book our semi private room for your next private function or corporate event!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The elevator table is SO amazing! Super romantic date! I was so surprised that I would recommend it to anyone. The resto is small, but quaint and has great decor.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Wanted a nice restaurant before going to the Sony centre and Lucien seemed to be a logical choice....good location. Was shocked that it was the old location of the Wellington Restaurant which we loved in it’s day that was a great surprise and hoped it was going to be good karma
Which it turned out to be.....the menu which is small (I tend to like more because you know each item will be done properly) but varied.
We decided on a couple of appetizers each as our full meal. I chose the Bincho Octopus which was cooker perfectly the romesco sauce went perfect. The brioche toast was burnt but that was unfortunate.
My wife had the Red Beet salad the candied citrus was really a nice touch as well as the beet meringue. Well done!
Next we had the Red Deer Tartare....very rich and a good portion....was actually too much food to finish. Again the toast that accompanied where burnt again....not a good night for toast guy....
Not sure how you would have this as a starter then an entre....but that could be just me....
The Grilled Calves liver was, overall, good bit inconsistent in the doneness. That was again unfortunate.
Wine list is good size, could have used a more selection on the mid level’s but again, could be nitpicking at this point.
Service was really good, very observant. When the toasts came burnt the second time the quickly replaced them and this was a fairly busy Saturday night.
Would go back if they change the menu over...till then enjoy...

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive to our needs. For our starter we shared the Red Beet Salad with candied citrus, organic greens chilled vinaigrette, beet cedar meringue that was amazing. Both our entrees tasted great, some truly unique flavour’s going one. The Pan Roasted Perth County Pork served with Buckwheat pappardelle, golden beets sauerkraut, horseradish jus was super and the Cumbrae's Angus Beef Striploin Pomme Sautee, button mushroom parsley emulsion, sauce Diane was yummy. We shared the Buckwheat Roulade Walnut praline, sweet potato ice cream maple syrup, whipped bacon for desert; what can I say other than wow!

We will be back!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Near the downtown hotel centre, just few easy walking blocks. Unassuming from the outside this is a charming gem. The service is discrete and attentive. The ambient music light jazz tonight for dinner. Great selection of reasonably priced wines. And the food: simply superb French, continental classic and nouveau. Beautifully presented, fresh, easy to request small dietary changes in the kitchen, delicious and subtle taste. We easily spent hours being taken care of with appetizers before the mains. Best to have a reservation for different sizes of tables. Feels both intimate even in a small space. The venison melting with tenderness and flavour a real surprise. Definitely a favourite.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Visited with three coworkers on a Wednesday night after being recommended by the concierge at the hotel. We wanted to eat somewhere organic and local. I really can’t say it’s great but they definitely are not bad. Menu was too simple and not enough selections in my opinion, I was getting ready for a culinary journey because of the ambiance and the description by the concierge but unfortunately I found the food to be a little bit clashy and not in a good way, maybe my pallet was not accustomed to the chefs’ inspirations and I am an adventurous eater. The service was also a bit awkward but for the most part they were friendly. The host/manager checked in on us a couple of times, we always had full water all the time and the waiter was very pleasant. I just found the whole experience clunky…seemed like the restaurant is missing something but not quite sure what it is. I would give it another shot.