“Great dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Cross street: Yonge St.
Transit: King Subway Station on the Yonge Line; King St. Street-Car service 24-hour Queen St. Street Car Service.
Description: We specialize in food inspired by, cooked with, and paired alongside a whole lot of really good beer. Cozy and friendly Restaurant in downtown Toronto.
Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for a meal and a beer. I was pleased with the beer selection. They have a decent list to choose from. My meal was great. I had the mussels in the white garlic sauce. Outstanding.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (842)

Reviewed June 28, 2016

I was looking for a spot close to my hotel to try some local Toronto beers and Google pointed me here.

The decor was off putting...reminded me of generic midtown Manhattan, but the beer selection was endless, with at least 20 beers on tap, probably 100 more in bottles from Americas, Europe, and beyond.

Two bartenders tag teamed like pros and served my tasting flight with a full explanation of each offering. They were also happy to customize my salad order (served w dressing made from local beer!) and speedy and attentive. All around much better than I expected from a place with such a blah aesthetic.

Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

A great patio, great food, an amazing wine list. This place beats most of the places in the downtown core for value. The food is solid, the service is expert, the patio is very quiet (for downtown!) and it very conveniently located just east of Yonge Street at King.

Reviewed June 21, 2016

My wife and I took our daughter and son-in-law here for dinner at 4 pm on a Tuesday. I had enjoyed my last visit approximately 2 years ago. The restaurant wasn't busy so we were able to find space on the patio. While we like beer, we found the beer selection a bit overwhelming. Our food was excellent. We ordered the roasted squash pizza, the duck confit pizza, the mushroom tagliatelle, and the grilled salmon. My favourite of these was the salmon. I enjoyed the combination of rich fish, lemony couscous, and bitter arugula. We shared an order of frites and especially enjoyed the smoky ketchup. Definitely worth a return visit sometime.

Reviewed June 21, 2016

This is a great place for a relaxed dinner. The food was delicious and there is an interesting beer selection, even a gluten free version is offered. All in all a pleasant experience!

1  Thank Elina E