“Awesome Fine Dining!”
Review of Lee Restaurant

Lee Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 8,473 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Asian, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: BATHURST
Transit: Street car stop: King & Bathurst
Description: Susur Lee's stylish eatery for creative Asian & French-influenced small plates meant for sharing.
Mississauga, Canada
“Awesome Fine Dining!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This was my first visit to Lee Restaurant and my friend was hosting his 30th Birthday in the private room at the back. He had a pre-set meal prepared for us and here is what we had: Singaporean Style Slaw, Spicy Crisp Tofu, Black Pepper Charred Tuna Sashimi & Spicy Tartare, Wild King Garlic Shrimp, Jerk Spicy Pork Ribs, Yucutan Sweet Corn Lettuce Wrap with Chicken, Peking & Char Siu Duck, Mexican Goat Cheese Tart and Slow Braised Beef. It was an excellent 9 course meal.

All the food was awesome. I haven’t been to a fine dining restaurant with this much good food in a very very long time. It was amazing and I would definitely recommend dining here. A special thanks to Justin for his great selection of restaurants.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank cglof

Belo Horizonte, MG
“Outstanding”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The food was fantastic; the service was perfect (very difficult to see something like that in North America) we ordered the Singapore Slaw, Tempura and The Black Cod. everything was excellent even the tempura that I was not expecting nothing different was perfected flavored, the cod was indescribably amazing I highly recommend, I certainly will be back in my next visit to Toronto.

• Visited May 2014
Toronto
“Love this place”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Love visiting this restaurant. Everything on the menu is so good- there is nothing you can choose which is not a party of taste in your mouth. Be sure to get the signature dish the singaporian slaw. Fun place to enjoy dinner on a weekend night- you never know who you will see in there - maybe even Sausur Lee himself (seriously sometimes he walks around and greets patrons)

Visited August 2013
“Fusion at its best”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Not only is the food delicious here but the presentation is superb. The slaw is a must have and my personal favorite is the cod. Definitely one of the best in Toronto.

• Visited March 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Outstanding, Innovative and Delicious!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I joined my husband last month whilst he travelled on business to Toronto. On one evening while there, we were meeting up for dinner with an old class mate of his who now lives in the downtown Toronto core and since we were staying at a hotel in the same vicinity, decided to leave it up to her to make a recommendation. She selected Lee Restaurant where she had dined once before. For my husband and I, it would be our first time. We were limited in terms of the available times for reservations when made them - our choices were either 06:15 p.m. or 09:00 p.m. so we took the earlier seating. Boy are we glad we did!

The place has outstanding reviews and is extremely popular and busy every night. We were there on a Thursday night. When we arrived shortly before our seating time, we had to wait a few minutes for my husbands colleague to arrive. It was then we noticed what other reviewers have remarked about which was that tables were extremely close to one another. No exaggeration here. The tables for two in the middle were no more than 2-3 inches apart! The tables for 4 on the perimeter and by the window were spaced less than a foot apart. Absolutely zero chance of having any kind of private, confidential or intimate conversation here. Luckily when my husbands colleague arrived, she immediately spotted a table near the stairs going down to the restrooms which afforded significantly more space and privacy.

Our waiter was patient and extremely knowledgeable about all the dishes on the menu and given that we could not decide between the many selections, we decided on the tasters menu where for $80 / person, you could choose 5 items from the menu. We ended up ordering the restaurants signature piece which is the Singaporean-Style Slaw which is outstanding and a must have, the Wild King Garlic Shrimp (the three of us all agreed was excellent), the Jerk Spicy Pork Ribs (they were soft, almost melting in your mouth but nothing really memorable), the Rack of Lamb Thailandaise which was good, and finally the Peking & Char Sui Duck which was tasty and very creatively prepared and served. All in all the food was quite good. The tasters menu does not give you large portions so depending on how hungry you, you may want to keep that in mind. My husband and his colleague had desert, she ordered the Mango & Passionfruit Panna Cotta which looked very presentable and she did say it was good. My husband ordered the Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar which is exactly what the name implies and is made in-house and quite tasty. We were glad we took the early seating because by 08:30, the place was completely full with people either waiting to be seated or waiting to get their coats and leave. The restaurant footprint is not very big so the place can get extremely crowded. The good news is they are expanding through the wall to the property next door soon so that should alleviate the seating and privacy problem.

Very good food and well worth a visit. I would dine there again when next in Toronto.

• Visited March 2014