“Spur of the moment decision- great meal”
Review of Lee Restaurant

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: BATHURST
Transit: Street car stop: King & Bathurst
Description: Susur Lee's stylish eatery for creative Asian & French-influenced small plates meant for sharing.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was staying in Toronto for a business conference, and the hotel recommended this restaurant which was right around the corner. It was my first meal in Canada and I was not disappointed. I was impressed with the creative dishes and the slaw was delicious. The wait staff was very attentive and even offered other specialty dishes while I was eating, which I liked.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Signature slaw is all that I thought was worth going for. All the rest were not memorable at all. Seating is tight and I wanted the leave the restaurant as soon as the table next to us was filled because I could hear every each word of their first date.
The server recommended the duck, which I already tried at Bent (Susur Lee's sister retaurant) which was unoriginal and worst than the original dish. The second recommended dish was the Korean marinated steak.. It wasn't Korean, it wasn't marinated and the steak had lots of chewy sinues. Also tried the charred seared tuna, which had nice presentation and good complimenting sauce. Oh wait...Love love love the crab cake! It was crispy on the outside and awesomely crabby on the inside. If I were to do it again, I would order slaw and crab cakes!!! As for desserts: Mango passion fruit panna cotta was kinda cool it pricey at 12. Bucks a piece, don't get the chocolate peanuts butter bar, it's too dense and rich even for a chocolate lover!
Signature slaw 9.5/10
Crab cake 10/10
Korean marinated steak 4/10
Charred tuna and tar tar 7/10
Chocolate peanut butter bar 5/10
Mango passion fruit panna cotta 7.1/10
Loud, small restaurant and must make a reservation....or should you?

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Wow, came here on a recommendation and was not disappointed. An amazing meal. Fantastic service. Can't wait to come back.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I wasn't looking for anything but a good meal with my cousins that I haven't seen for way too long. I didn't ask what type of restaurant it was but always enjoyed Chinese food. It was raining that day and I could not catch a cab. I had to walk from College and Bay. Drenched I had to stop by a store and buy some clothes to change into. I walked the rest of the way to the restaurant. I got a little lost since I didn't see a sign until I looked into the foyer area and saw Lee's. There is no signage outside - at least I didn't see anything in the rain. As I walked in, it seemed like one of those pretentious trendy restaurants with food that looks good, but wouldn't fill you up. I also didn't realize that it was a Asian tapas type restaurant. So my stomach and mind were like - "I'm gonna be getting McDonald's after this". I got changed and was happy to sit down and rest a bit. I started out with a Top Shelf Long Island. The rest of my cousins got there and we began to order. I think we ended up ordering at least half the menu and every dish bested the last. My favorite dish was their signature salad - Singapore Slaw with Sashimi Tuna. This had everything from textures, tastes, and the visual. Every bite made me want more. Other dishes I found excellent were, the crab cake, tiger shrimp, and the slow braised beef. AND of course we got dessert and my fav was the Panna Cotta. The service was good (having been a server for 15 years, I'm a little picky). They were attentive but not too attentive. My water was filled quite often. They were all very knowledgeable. AND we had my beautiful cousins' daughter with us at 3 yrs old they catered to her needs as well.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Asian fusion as good as I have ever had!
Such a wonderfully complex variety of tastes and presentations...........
Beautifully served and simply a wonderful evening out with my family. Very, very special!