“Best Asian Fusion In Toronto”
Review of Lee Restaurant

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: BATHURST
Transit: Street car stop: King & Bathurst
Description: Susur Lee's stylish eatery for creative Asian & French-influenced small plates meant for sharing.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Went there with family while visiting Toronto. Second time here. Decor and atmosphere is very nice. Modern, yet gives you the Asian "feel". Food is why we were there: the Singapore Slaw is a must. I would recommend it in the veg option. Jerk Spicy Pork Ribs are to die for! Green Curry Chicken was delicious. They also had a cheese and watermelon concoction that we had ordered before that was great. Don't know if they still have it. Desserts we're good but I would say the hot food is on a higher level. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Joe H

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I loved this restaurant. The food is amazing I went as a tourist to TO and wanted to try a TV network chef's restarant. It did not disappoint. I only wished that I could fit in dessert but I was so full. The duck is something that i will think about and crave for a long time It;s too bad I live across the country. The tart had a flaky crust and melted in your mouth. The slaw of course was amazing. I have eaten in several Food networks stars restarants but they are in the US. It's so nice to have a fine restaurant in Canada.

1  Thank kitty m
Reviewed December 30, 2012

my absolute favorite restaurant in Toronto for special occasions. one of the few places that can get you dreaming about their food, even days after eating there. the singapore slaw is amazing. but i'm also a huge fan of the crisp spicy tofu, the green curry chicken, and the diver scallops. because it's served family-style with lots of sharing, and because this place is a bit on the pricey side (at least by my standards), i find you'll get more bang for your buck (in other words, a chance to sample a greater number of items on the menu) if you come with a larger group of people instead of coming solo or as a couple.

1  Thank Allen C
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Went there for a business dinner, was amazed by the food (still have the genuine taste of cheeseburger spring rolls in my mouth), but not-so-positively surprised by the locale. Trendy design and decoration for sure, but horrible acoustics. The whole restaurant was pretty packed the night we went, and even though we tried to lean close to each other while eating, we both had a really hard time hearing what the other one was saying.

Another slim minus goes to the service. Overall, it was good if a little rushed, but we were really surprised to have three or four different waiters taking orders and serving us during our stay of a couple of hours. It somehow felt that the focus was missing at times, as this obviously wasn't a question of them changing shifts or the like.

Regardless of the minor glitches, I'd go back any time.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

a very imaginative and varied menu. Just great. A little on the exosneive side but often worth the price. Good for any occassion