“Brilliant!”

Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: East End
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food!!!! Feels like you're transported to Pakistan with the decor and style of the building's interior. Even has a tuk-tuk out front! Highly recommend the butter chicken and aloo gobi.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The ambiance is authentic pakistani and the food is AWESOME.... We started going there from 2002, and kept on going almost every two weeks. This place is fantabulous.....

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Got a recommendation from a local. Thanks. We had time to soak in the true Can-Pak atmosphere. It was like being at a wedding. The area is South Asian, and twenty minutes in a tram from downtown. The place was getting busier when we left at 10.30pm! Fast service, and no service charge expected!
A must on a trip to Toronto if you like curries.

1  Thank IMalik
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This delivers a fairly authentic Indian dining experience - about 60% of the very large dining area is in a tent outside. I have no idea how this goes during the winter, but during the summer, it feels like India, with all the smells and no walls. It's loud, people chatter in several different languages, the tables aren't flat - it's fantastic.

There is effectively no service, and though they bring you menus, you are expected somehow to know that you have to go up to the counter to order. I found this quirk to be a little annoying strictly from the standpoint that I wasn't told, but you also don't tip, as it turns out - there isn't even a spot on the receipt for it.

The neighborhood is cool, too, with a lot of shop signage in other languages and a tradition of staying open late - we finished eating about 9:30 on a Tuesday night and about half the shops were still open (you know, in case you wanted to buy jewelry or something). The trip to the restaurant from downtown Toronto also takes you through a variety of ethnic neighborhoods, putting Toronto on an internationally diverse par with only London and New York.

The real star here, though, is the food. Everything we had was exceptional, particularly the mixed vegetables, the actual name of which I do not know because the guy at the counter mumbled it as a suggestion to replace something I wanted that they were out of. It was spicy and had spinach, cauliflower, chickpeas, lentils, peppers, about half of which I really don't normally like.

My 9 and 12 year old sons also enjoyed the experience and cheerfully grazed through all the food.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been here quite a few times and will continue to keep coming back. I always get the butter chicken as it's the best I have had! Love the atmosphere- don't mind the plastic chairs and plastic cutlery. You will love the food. Prices may seem a little much but I always have way too much food leftover- I think it even tastes BETTER the next day for lunch!

Enjoy!