“Great Experience”

Milagro Cantina Mercer St.
Ranked #359 of 9,068 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: John Street
Transit: St Andrew TTC Station- Walk West on King Street, turn left on John St., walk half block south & turn right on to Mercer St.
Description: Milagro, founded in 2006, is a traditional Mexican Cantina inspired in the golden era eateries of Mexico City. We offer classic Mexican cuisine & regional beverages in a warm, relaxed & easy going atmosphere. Our dishes are abundant, flavourful & colourful; we use traditional recipes & techniques. At our cantina bar you can enjoy a great variety of Tequilas, Mezcales, wine sangrias, margaritas & classic mixed cocktails, as well as a select list of wines from Mexico, the Americas & Spain . We are open daily for lunch & dinner. We serve traditional Mexican brunch on Saturdays & Sundays until 4:30pm. Milagro is located at 5 Mercer St. on the corner of John St. in the heart of the entertainment district, downtown. Visítanos pronto!
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I went to Milagros on Mercer for my birthday with a group of ten or so and it lived up to its great reputation. The wait staff were so friendly and they had excellent recommendations for us, the fish tacos are exceptional there really fresh and really reasonable prices. I would recommend it to anyone, especially the sangria which we had both red and white of was delicious. Whether you are going for a date or with friends its a great ambience, I will be back!

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, service and atmosphere! Lots of choices. Pitcher of sangria (they said 5 glasses but made more like 7) for $22! Best refried beans I've ever eaten. Will be back!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My son and I had dinner last night before the Leafs opener and were very pleased with our choice. We had tacos with pork and tacos with lamb as appetizers and both were great though the pork taco was excellent. We then both had adobado (steak) burritos. They were huge, delicious and went excellently with our refried beans side. An excellent choice for Mexican food in the city.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent a weekend in the city and wanted to find a great Mexican place since we both love Mexican food and it's pretty hard to find in the burbs. The Milagro fit the bill for sure. Atmosphere was casual and fun (not too loud as some others have said), food was really good and we both found the portions to be more than we could eat. Yes the margaritas were pricey, but fantastic and worth the $ for a treat! The ceviche was to die for bit we should have ordered the small! We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We decided to try Milagro after seeing it on tv, and glad we did! The server knew the food and the service was excellent! Everything we had was perfectly cooked (including the shrimp in my wife's shrimp tacos, which are very sensitive to overcooking), properly seasoned, and very nicely spiced. All the food is freshly prepared in-house, right down to the very tasty refried beans. Our whole experience at Milagro was very relaxing and enjoyable. We definitely recommend this place!