“This is our favourite place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Woodbine Hotel & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Woodbine Hotel & Suites
Ranked #104 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
SCARBOROUGH
“This is our favourite place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I always try to get a room here. The staff we have met are very nice and this place has the best continental breakfast. The food is not the best but there is always sausage and eggs, a variety of tea, coffee (which is pretty good) and 4 cereals to choose from. I'm so happy that it's not the kind of breakfast where it's just pastries and toast and bagels. All the rooms have a fridge and a microwave. The washrooms are very spacious and the bed is very comfortable. Some people may find this weird, but the dining room is right in the middle of the hotel so there are rooms with windows that look out into the dining room. I've never seen this anywhere else, but I don't mind it at all. It makes the room super dark at night though, but I would prefer that over having a window facing outside when I am staying on the ground floor. Woodbine racetrack and casino is right across the street, and down the street is Woodbine Mall with Fantasy Fair which is an indoor fair with rides and everything so if you have kids don't worry about not having anything to do with them. They are also pretty forgiving if you are a couple minutes late checking out. I've been 15mins late once because I wasn't feeling well and no one called the room to harass me. I really like the look of the building. There is a lot of marble and dark wood and chandeliers, very classic looking. There is also a lot of free parking as well as a rear entrance/exit that is always kept locked and can be unlocked using your card key.

Love this place! Always a first choice for me :)

Room Tip: Try to book in advance, as soon as you know when you will be traveling. There is pretty much a weddi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed here during an ice storm. Breakfast is a joke, the place was an ice box without heating and even felt as though AC was on in the corridors or was that just a feezing cold draft. I dont have much good to say about this place because of the extremely unhelpful staff and full-of-himself manager. I wouldnt go back, even in a storm.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank culturecure
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our 3 night stay this past week was our third stay at this friendly, comfortable hotel. Staff is exceptionally professional and friendly, especiall the two guys that are on at night. Beds are very comfortable, rooms are clean, bathroom nicely equipped and a good size. Never been there when a wedding was going on so it's always been very quiet. I can't imagine this friendly staff would stick someone in a noisy room -- they'd surely move you (see other reviews). I've stayed in many of the hotels in this area over the last 10 years and I'm very glad to have found the Woodbine. Best and on top of it all, a bargain. See you in a few months.

Room Tip: Get an outside room if there's a party going on in the ballroom.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I spent a night here when I missed a flight and had to scramble for an alternative plan. I booked it last minute on line while I was waiting to get my ticket rebooked and was nervous given some of the bad reviews. However, I found my room to be fairly new and more than acceptable, with a nice granite bathroom, a coffee maker, microwave and fridge, as well as a large working desk, which I appreciated. The big bed was comfortable. The big issue I had is that the wireless internet was slow and cut in and out. I was working and so I had to complain. The desk clerk lent me an ethernet cable to plug into the wall and that got me a good enough connection to be serviceable. I paid $51, which is really dirt cheap for Toronto, mainly because the place was empty. I mean really deserted, I saw one other guest, period. I think their business comes from the racetrack and from functions held in the complex. As others have said, there is no restaurant or bar and there's not much in the surrounding neighborhood, which is aggressively uninteresting. I would stay here again in a heartbeat if I needed a place near the airport. I would also recommend it for someone on a budget, although I found traffic in Toronto to be horrendous and would always want to stay in the part of the city I needed to be in rather than planning to commute everywhere as you would be doing from this location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel is located close to the airport. The facility has a large parking area, it is modern and very clean. It has elevators and the rooms are large and very clean. They offered free internet, free parking and free breakfast and complementary newspaper.The breakfast was very good and the staff are friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The price is very low but the noise and the bed bugs make this not worth it .
I was booked for 5 days and never again. I was in town for a funeral and need a peaceful place. I thought a 55 room hotel would be ok. BIG mistake. The front desk people were wonderful but they had no control over what was going on in the hotel during the night.
I never saw a security person.
The hotel is a conference hotel and with weddings and events it is at night a noisy place.. Maybe booking for a monday or tuesday would be ok but after that I would not suggest it .
Pros.....plenty of parking
Cons....corridor noise and thin walls.

Room Tip: West rooms facing the street are quieter than the back rooms and the rooms facing the inside. Mak...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

To our surprise this hotel seems to have been newly renovated. The rooms are spacious , very clean and well appointed. Beds are comfortable and staff is friendly.
The breakfast ,especially the eggs , is a bit disappointing but this is more than made up by the splendour of the room . To sit under the chandelier next to the fireplace is sure to put a smile on ones face. A very nice way to start the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends