“Disappointing”

Ranked #104 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
Hanover
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed two weekend nights here after purchasing a coupon from Dealfind. Rooms were reasonably clean but the rooms and hallways are very tired. The bathroom counter had a huge chunk out of it which was puttied and there were chips out of the woodwork, etc. Mattress on the King bed was not comfortable. We both woke with sore backs. The buffet breakfast was limited and kinda sad. Scrambled eggs and burnt sausage, a couple selections of cereal, and white bread. There was some fruit but it wasn't very appetizing. Noticed a number of people brought food of their own to eat. The actual dining room was quite lovely though. We won't bother booking here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2013

and of course u just delete my review comments on ur terrible services. I will NEVER go back.
1.Dirty Room- spider web under the sink, and behind doors
2.Small Room- with the huge pipes on the walls and heater-like machines (air purifier??)
3.Noisy because of the banquets
4.Rude & unfriendly staff
5.Deleted my honest reviews. On my first review, I shared nice things as well, but now guess what u get?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liv C
Sfax
Reviewed April 24, 2013

First visit at this hotel, what a great surprise! I stayed here during a business tour and was really delighted to be at this place. Property is well kept and looked stunning. Front desk staff was very efficient and check in went very smooth. Rooms are clean and had a huge bed, flat screen TV, phone and comfortable chairs. Washroom was big and functional. Food was very yummy and I tried all the meals there. I will definitely recommend this place to my other friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I bought this package through a dealfind web special. My first issue came from trying to use my coupon. After 5 attempts to book a weekend I asked for a manager. Dave Miller secured us a room for April 20 to 22. We checked in and were directed to our room. Upon opening the door we found that the room was not made up. This seemed to fluster the desk clerk. We were finally moved to a clean room.
The real problems started later that night when a conference spilled over into the hotel corridors. We put up with the drunken noises until 2:30. Then after calling the front desk repeatedly we were offered a room away from the main party area. The hotel did nothing to quiet the quests or remove the non guests from the hotel.
The next morning we did not even receive an apology for the loss of a nights sleep.
I repeatedly asked for a manager and was told for 2 days that he would be in later. Not surprisingly he never showed or contacted me. Needless to say I will never stay in this hotel or suggest this hotel to anyone I know.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dale_Hurlbut
Thorold
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We bought this hotel special through an online deal website. It came with 10 days of parking and although they claim that they have a shuttle, they really just call you a taxi and the fee is $20 to the 5 minute drive to the airport. However, when you're coming back from the airport, you don't get this deal back to the hotel. We paid $30 to get back to the hotel.
Our first room was dirty from the customers before us. Our toilet and shower was dirty, our glasses were used and the carpet was stained (the staining I didn't really care about). There was also a large phlegm ball on the back of the toilet that almost had me heaving.
Our second room smelled very badly of smoke. We went to open the curatins to get fresh air and there was a ballroom there... Very very odd.... There was no where to get fresh air.
Their morning breakfast isn't good either. They microwave their eggs and their bagels are hard.

I would suggest another hotel with a name you've heard of. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window to outside. You'll thank me.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Upon arriving what we were told in phone was not what happened. They charged us extra for our room. Then to make it strike two they booked us a room that was already in use. Strike three was the next room smelled like smoke an since I'm a none smoker , it was easy to tell an my migraines come on faster with the smoke smell.

You can see for yourself but I will not stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel but its less than basic cable. They dont even have tsn. Front desk is clueless. Said that tsn was ch.19. it wasnt. Great rooms though... good price. Made good use of free lobby computer with internet.

• Stayed March 2013