“No thank you to smoke and no fresh air !”

Woodbine Hotel & Suites
Ranked #111 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We bought this hotel special through an online deal website. It came with 10 days of parking and although they claim that they have a shuttle, they really just call you a taxi and the fee is $20 to the 5 minute drive to the airport. However, when you're coming back from the airport, you don't get this deal back to the hotel. We paid $30 to get back to the hotel.
Our first room was dirty from the customers before us. Our toilet and shower was dirty, our glasses were used and the carpet was stained (the staining I didn't really care about). There was also a large phlegm ball on the back of the toilet that almost had me heaving.
Our second room smelled very badly of smoke. We went to open the curatins to get fresh air and there was a ballroom there... Very very odd.... There was no where to get fresh air.
Their morning breakfast isn't good either. They microwave their eggs and their bagels are hard.

I would suggest another hotel with a name you've heard of. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window to outside. You'll thank me.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Upon arriving what we were told in phone was not what happened. They charged us extra for our room. Then to make it strike two they booked us a room that was already in use. Strike three was the next room smelled like smoke an since I'm a none smoker , it was easy to tell an my migraines come on faster with the smoke smell.

You can see for yourself but I will not stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel but its less than basic cable. They dont even have tsn. Front desk is clueless. Said that tsn was ch.19. it wasnt. Great rooms though... good price. Made good use of free lobby computer with internet.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I would first like to start off by saying im not very picky with hotels as I've stayed in motels all the way to 5 star hotels.

To start, when we checked in, the guy at the front desk wasnt talking very clear.. it was more of a mumble.. I couldnt understand a thing! He asked for my id and credit card which is normal, however failed to tell me that he was charging a $150 deposit!!! Im sorry, but even the four seasons doesnt charge $150 deposit. I was expecting $50-$100.

Anyways, when we got to our room we realized that the window we had was looking into a banquet hall, umm talk about lack of privacy! And on top of that, i was able to see directly into the room across from me even with the curtains closed! I felt uncomfortable knowing that someone could see me at any time! The sheer curtains doesnt hide much.

Other than the cold check in and the lack of privacy, the hotel itself is decent. The room wasnt so bad (modern and up to date) and the bed was comfy which is why i gave it an average rating. The breakfast is nothing worth waking up early for but it is a very nice convenience.

Overall, i wouldnt stay at this hotel just because of the lack of privacy we had. I dont feel like being watched when i get out of the shower, but then again, you get what you pay for... But even at a motel i'd get more privacy....

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank citygirl0827
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed in Toronto airport hotels for 20 years; First time @ the woodbine. Hotwire offered this as 2.5* for a great price. Previous reviews indicate that the hotel was first class some time ago. Now it's Great Value! Stayed 3 nights & have no complaints. Amenities include free breakfast (eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal, toast, coffee, juice & real cutlery), upgraded shampoo,conditioner, hand & body soaps/lotion, steam iron, coffee pot, real glass cups & glasses, bottled water, free wifi, flat screen tv, marble floors, counters, hair dryer, alarm clock, phone, large desk, executive chair, comfortable king bed, thermostat control. has everything that I have experienced in 3.5*, just no pool or workout room that I could see. This is a very good hotel for road warriors that are looking for a bit of an upgrade for a good value price. Even their regular rate is good value.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Scott V
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I travel to many hotels in Toronto, and i find this one to be my worst experience ever. When i pre booked online the front desk could not find my name and when they did, it taken them 10 mins. When checking in they argued with me and my wife that i Only have 1 day, but yet i was booked for 2 nights so i was not impressed. So we stayed the 1 night. Coming in at 4am with my wife, there was a crowd of people outside from a Banquet Hall attached to the hotel and people were loud, drunk and smoking by the hotel. The room is very small for a 1 Queen size bed, and the tv remote did not work, and the Heat was not working. Front desk sent a to my room for to fix the heat at 4:15am, and he been there for about 10 mins... I would never go back to this hotel and i hope no other customers experience what I have. The fact of poor customer service skills, and lack of professionalism, poor quality of the room, and the Manager Dave Miller did not return my messages is a Big disappointment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ryan w
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I spent one night just before my flight. Hotel was ok, nothing special but really good prices booked with Hotwire.

The pillows are very small ;-) you need two to make one ;-)))

Ok for few nights. Very close to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business