“Very good for overnight layovers from Toronto Airport”

Woodbine Hotel & Suites
Ranked #111 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Exceeded expectations for comfort, cleanliness and helpful staff. Pity there is no airport shuttle.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jmbryant

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We booked the hotel last minute off hotels.com because of the high ratings however wasn't expecting much due to the location is pretty much in the middle of an industrial area. The hotel was nicely decorated inside and out, however the strange part is their sign is extremely tacky making it seem a lot cheaper than it is.

The front desk was very friendly when she couldn't find my reservation. I told her I already paid in full she said no problem and didn't charge me anything and just took my word for it. They let me know a short while later that they found my reservation.

The room was nice, flat screen tv, fridge, etc, the decor was a little over the top but in a good way, not tacky. The king size bed was really comfortable and we had a great night sleep since it was so quiet in the area at night.

It came with free breakfast but we didn't try it out. All in all a really pleasant surprise for something we had such low expectation for. I can see why everyone gave it such great review and would definitely return again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iczi
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Beautiful hotel at a very reasonable price. We made an error with our booking and the receptionist was very helpful
Free breakfast was tasty and staff helpful and friendly
Could not believe the hotel had such cheap rates.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed for a night. Very impressed with the room and the breakfast. The area surrounding the hotel isn't exactly eye candy so I didn't mind the window with a view of the hall. The sound-proofing is a bit of an issue. Could easily hear doors closing and basically anything that occurs in the hallway outside the room.

Cleaning staff tried to bust in the room (at an awkward time) even though we had a late check-out arranged with the front desk.

Front desk accidentally charged the wrong rate for the room but fixed this when I pointed it out to them. Even without this the check-in process took longer than I would expect it to. Only one staff member working.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week. Its quite basic but clean. There is no public transport nearby so if you are staying here make sure you rent a car or arrange for transport. Otherwise a good hotel if you want something cheap and clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Stayed here before a flight the next day out of YYZ. I was really happy with my stay... the place was super clean and the place definitely got updated in the recent years. Also, the free breakfast was actually tasty and hot. I had some sausages and toast and they had a variety of drinks, teas, and other foods. Very impressed and one of the best free breakfasts I've had. AYCE style. Guy at the front desk was also pretty friendly. Bumped into a cleaning staff on the way out and they seemed alright as well.. they sure are doing a good job keeping the rooms clean. :)

Things to be aware of... (1) a car is recommended. But I think they do a sort of 'park and fly' deal. I left with my car though but worth asking to see if they still have some promo going on cuz the real park & fly at the airport is damn expensive. (2) the rooms can feel small, esp. for two people. The bathroom door opens INTO the bathroom and kind of just narrowly miss the bath and toilet. Not sure who designed that one. (3) my room faced a court yard so it was kind of quiet. So if you like that, maybe ask for one of those rooms. But of course it's darker and some people might not like it.

Overall, great value and wonderful stay, hotel had everything I needed and I have no real complaints.

Room Tip: for a quiet room pick one not facing the street (facing the enclosed courtyard - but beware of lack...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2012

The hotel was very nosiy during the night, and my wife could not sleep at all. The lamp on the desk failed and the room was really dark, so I had to use my laptop without appropriate lighting. As other reviewers say, parking is a major problem when the hotel has events going on.

The hotel staff was cleaning the trash cans in the breakfast room while we were eating. There was unpleasant smell like sewage coming from her cleaning. I almost began to vomit.

The worst thing was that they charged me twice for a one-night stay in one room. The hotel charged ne when I booked the hotel through its website. I was charged again when I checked in. I did not know they already charged me because I booked it just 2 days before our stay and did not check my credit card account. When the front desk asked for my credit card, I thought that when I booked the room, the hotel simply held my card for the future charge for no show or cancellation.

I have made two phone calls to Park Inn Toronto Hwy 27 and sent an email through the Park Inn corporate system. During my two phone calls to the hotel, one hotel person said that she would have someone call me back next day and the other said that he would have someone look into this issue. However, I have yet to receive any response to resolve my overcharge issue, and certainly no refund has been made back to my account. It is very frustrating to deal with Park Inn due to nonresponse. I live in the States, and do not want to make numerous international calls for this simple issue.

I cross the border often to Toronto and stay overnight. I thought this hotel had good reviews and would like to give a try. It turned out to be a total nightmare. I will not recommend this hotel at all. I wish I could have had an option to give no point.

Room Tip: Stay away from the entire hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family