“Bad food”

Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Chinatown
“Bad food”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Food was terrible. Soya chicken has no soya sauce. Tomato sauce has no tomato taste. Not coming again.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Lumberton
“Awesome”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The food was great, people were great, and price was great. One of the best Chinese restaurants I have been to. You can tell how good it is due to all the locals eating there.

Visited July 2013
Madrid, Spain
“Best value for your money”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This restaurant is central to visitors, it is 10 minutes walk to Eaton Centre, 5 or less to Art Gallery of Ontario, in the heart of China Town, one of several in Greater Toronto Area, a union of 6 townships to creat GTA. It is fast, it is very reasonable and delicious. The main clients are locals, not tourists. It has a large varieties of dishes, mainly Cantonese cuisine. I understand from talking to the staff, that they roast 6 pigs per day, not to mention the ducks, the chickens, and pork. They are all at the window display, at various times of the day when the freshly roasted are presented. Many come just to buy a pound of roast pork, or half a duck, as part of dinner.
This place is packed even for breakfast at seven, their congee (rice porridge) is smooth, flavorful, to be accompanied by fried dough. (Much like Langos, or apple fritters, without the sweet taste.)
Noodles are the speciality, especially the won ton noodle. We were four for dinner, our bill was $56. Canadian. Stuffed full!

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles
“Tasty and authentic Chinese BBQ and noodle joint”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I came to Toronto's Chinatown expecting tasty and authentic Chinese food and I found it at the House of Gourmet. I'm always nostalgic over soy sauce chicken and roast duck because my dad used to bring that home growing up, so I had to have a plate of that. It was really good, and came with rice, some greens, and house soup which tasted like my uncle's! Out of three night's in Toronto, I came back a second time to try their noodles, so I got a bowl of wontons and beef brisket with wide egg noodles. You have to ask for the wide noodles or else the default are the thin ones. I was in heaven, just so delicious. The wontons were fresh since they make them in house. I also ordered the fried dough wrapped in rice noodle sheet which was really gluttonous of me, but it seemed to be a popular dish there even at dinner time (I'm used to seeing it only as dim sum) so I wanted to try it. It was a huge portion that came in a shallow dish with a soupy soy sauce on the bottom, and two dipping sauces on the side: sesame and plum. I couldn't possibly finish it by myself, but I'm glad I got to try it.

As a lone diner, they seated me at a large, round, communal, sparkly-topped table. I was the only woman at the table, but I didn't mind because it wasn't as awkward as sitting by myself. Did I mention how tasty and authentic the food is here?! And like most BBQ joints, it's cheap, under $10 for a truly satisfying meal. Well, there you have it. I'll definitely come back if I'm in town.

Visited June 2013
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Busy restaurant with great food.”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

One look in the window and you see what you are in for. The great barbecue and noodle dishes being prepared by the up-front staff are very tasty indeed. There is a tank in the back with bass tilapia and eels if you are interested in some realy fresh fish. If you are a party of one or two you might get seated at a communal table. No worries, it's a common occurance in Chinatown.

The dishes have slightly different English names than around the corner at King's noodle house but they are very very tasty.

I'm adding this place to my GO-TO list for Hong Kong style noodle houses!

• Visited June 2013