“Meh...”

Ranked #1,028 of 8,574 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Inspired by the Harlem Renaissance of the 1920s, Harlem celebrates the joy of Toronto's cultural diversity and the art of entertaining. It is a rebirth of creativity in Food, Art, Music, and Cocktails. Harlem has crafted a menu that is full of flavour. The cuisine is a blend of Afro-American/Afro-Caribbean inspired dishes with a modern twist.
Canada
“Meh...”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my third time at Harlem and I actually ordered something from the lunch/dinner menu this time vs. the breakfast. I got the jerk chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries. The sandwich was supposed to have plantains on it- which it did, but barely. It would have provided a nice sweet against the hot jerk chicken- which was also just alright. The sweet potato fries were just fries- what would have been nice is a special dipping sauce for them vs. just ketchup.

I will agree with folks about the service. It ain't quick especially considering I am the only one there sometimes!

That being said- I do enjoying sitting on their patio on a Saturday morning and just relaxing- I'm in no hurry. I would still return but continue eating off of the breakfast menu.

1 Thank ilovedgreece

• Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We went to Harlem in the beginning of June for a birthday party and everything was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to those who want to try southern cooking.

Toronto, Ontario
“3 strikes: you're out”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have tried Harlem (Richmond & Church) three times now. Each time the service was ridiculously SLOW. We won't return. The food is good - but too bit pricey for what you get.

We waited so long for someone to come and say hello to us, bring us menus that just as we were about to leave and go somewhere else, a waiter came over. We must have sat for 20 minutes without menus and without anyone acknowledging that we were there. Then after the meal we sat with our dirty plates for another 20-30 minutes before finally being able to ask for the bill. The waiter dropped off the machine but didn't ring in our bill for us. He walked away!?

They need to hire more staff. Hire people who can hustle. They're losing money as we would have had more than one drink but no one asked if we wanted another.

We won't return and won't recommend.

• Visited June 2013
“Excellent food, service and cocktails.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Toronto and this was an amazing find using the Toronto visitors app. A couple of minutes from the hotel with great food, lovely service and very reasonably priced too. Check out the cocktails as well, they're worth it!

• Visited May 2013
Canada
“Chicken & Waffles...”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time here and the food did not disappoint! I went here for brunch and sat out on their patio which was nice. I ordered the chicken and waffles and it was huge! I needed a bigger plate it was so much food. This place has such a different menu- it's refreshing. I will continue to come back and try new things.

• Visited May 2013