“Chicken & Waffles...”

Ranked #1,224 of 8,946 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Inspired by the Harlem Renaissance of the 1920s, Harlem celebrates the joy of Toronto's cultural diversity and the art of entertaining. It is a rebirth of creativity in Food, Art, Music, and Cocktails. Harlem has crafted a menu that is full of flavour. The cuisine is a blend of Afro-American/Afro-Caribbean inspired dishes with a modern twist.
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time here and the food did not disappoint! I went here for brunch and sat out on their patio which was nice. I ordered the chicken and waffles and it was huge! I needed a bigger plate it was so much food. This place has such a different menu- it's refreshing. I will continue to come back and try new things.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stopped by for lunch with a business colleague and was pleasantly surprised at how welcoming the place is. The server made us feel right at home despite the place being very busy. The food was good and the atmosphere was great. It was really laid back and relaxing which is a nice escape from the office and other business lunch places downtown. I've already been back!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was here last week for my birthday. The waiter was wonderful, lerone was his name. The food was great, and my party all had a great time.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Food is below expectations, the menu looks far more appealing than what comes out on the plate. My rice was dry, vegetables were half cooked, meat was rubbery. These guys should take some time out and visit (or re-visit) NYC, Detroit or New Orleans to learn what true soul food is all about. The ambiance was good but service mediocre. We won't be going back.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I have been on the hunt for a new breakfast place and I think we've found it! I literally walk by this place all the time and googled the menu which is largely southern comfort- needless to say the food sounded amazing! When we arrived we were the only ones in the restaurant and to be honest service was a little slow paced. We decided to order the Harlem French toast which had rum soaked cream cheese in the middle and the Harlem Benny which was a twist on the regular eggs Benny (collard greens, sweet potatoes and a spicy hollandaise sauce) Both dishes were fantastic and perfect portions. Prices were very reasonable my only suggestion would be to serve the French toast with syrup (we had to ask for some), make sure there's knifes on the table, put some music on, and speed up the service. That being said, would I return? Absolutely! Can't wait to try the chicken and waffles!