“No matter the menu...Go! Go! Go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ruby Watchco

Ruby Watchco
Ranked #245 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: East End
Boston, Massachusetts
“No matter the menu...Go! Go! Go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had one night in Toronto and this recommendation was perfect. Food was amazing - they were incredibly accommodating to my colleague who has a gluten allergy. Our waiter Marty made the night with his attentiveness, passion and humor. Highly highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013

Whitby
“Wonderful Evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This restaurant had been recommended by a friend.

We were able to get reservations for 4 last night. The vibe of the place is casual and fun. The staff seem to be really into the atmosphere, and the owner Lynn and her staff make a wonderful happy team. Lots of joking and banter with customers.

The food was outstanding,and the dishes were so original and tasty. We had the flank steak which was plentiful, and out of this world. The salads were unique and had some really interesting garnishes. Like bourbon soaked cherries!! and pickled grapes! Who knew...

Definitely going back for more delicious meals. The best!

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food, Great Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a perfect spot for a fun night out with food lovers. The restaurant has no menus so you eat whatever the chef has created. Both times I have been there the food has been very seasonal and very delicious. Everything is served family style so it is a really fun way to enjoy five star food. The waiters are also very knowledgable but have fun with the guests. Go with the wine pairing for a perfectly balanced menu!

Visited June 2013
Oakville, Canada
“Exceeded my expectations - which is difficult”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Some reviewers don't seem to get the concept - oh well.

I booked here same day because my wife and I had to pick up a jewelry piece from a local artist not too far away - it's great to support local business and talent. Well I am pleased to support the same here. And I have been curious about this place for ages,

My only concern going in that I'm a complete foodie and my wife can be more conservative, great that you can review the fixed menu in advance and make your choices, but by OH was skeptical looking at the menu.

Reality exceeded expectations - the food was excellent. You can choose from a selected wine choice or go for pairings (which we did and were all good). You can opt for the extra dish (a chicken liver parfait in our case - perfectly seasoned, deliciously smooth and yummy, with pickled grapes and wow crispy shallots and great toasts) or just go for core menu. The homestyle servings (help yourself from a single serving per table) is more than generous.

The service is also well above average - you get the feeling everyone there enjoys working there and what they are doing. It is also rare to see a celebrity owner actually in attendance at their restaurant these days - I understand it is not rare here - Lynn was there helping serve and chatting to tables. There were other celebrity figures dining that evening a couple of tables over as well (I'm not scoring that - just entertainment value lol).

So great meal, great service, great atmosphere and not pretentious but genuinely friendly. My OH really likes it - that will cost me $ as no doubt we will be back lol.

Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
Oakville, Canada
“Very Good Food, Atmosphere, and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went on a Friday night. To my surprise, we were able to park the car for free on Queen St one minute away from the restaurant. I discovered the restaurant concept (i.e. fixed menu and price) only the morning of the day of our planned dinner. I had reservations about the menu as I don't usually order trout.

The menu included a pickled pork salad, a rainbow trout, some goat Canadian cheese, and a peanut butter mousse. Quite frankly, I was delighted. All the food was extremely tasty and good. I was also pleased that they had a wine pairing option, and the wine pairing was very good.

We found the atmosphere to be relaxed (won't come back in a suit next time) and we received friendly service from Martin.

It was nice to see Chef Lynn busy overseeing the restaurant operation, serving meals and talking with clients.

It was a very good experience with very good food. We will be back for sure and recommend that you try this lovely restaurant.

• Visited May 2013