“The best there is!”

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed February 27, 2014

If you are thinking of coming for dinner, you better get there early or prepare to wait in line. This place is packed because it is so delicious and affordable. The quality and amount of food you get for what you pay is unheard of in Toronto! I love taking people here for a few drinks and to split the veggie platter! Meat eaters and vegetarians are happy with the platter equally. I would happily pay at least 3 times what they charge for food and drinks. Also, if you are looking for a treat after dinner, stop into Baker Bots for cookies :) A great end to a fantastic meal!

1  Thank Danielle D

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Based on what was written in Trip Advisor, I was expecting this to be very good and very cheap. It was very good, but they have changed their policy on free injera in that they now charge $1.77 per person per refills. So pace yourselves and your injera! The stews and the variety of the vegetarian platter was excellent with interesting spicing. They require two to be ordered if there are 3 people sharing.
Incredibly busy, does not accept reservations, so definitely go before 6 if you want a reasonable wait. There are limited staff - although this was our first time eating there, the server told us what we wanted to order. My son who has eaten in many Ethiopian restaurants in the past asked about appetizers and was told - no appetizers. We actually were not offered a menu. However, I must admit that the server read us accurately in recommending the platter.

1  Thank elaine3Southport
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I fell in love with ethiopian food thanks to Nazareth. After that, I have tried every single ethiopian in the area and nothing compares to it. Worth visiting over and over again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was my first time having Ethiopian food and I rather enjoyed it. The place is very dark with limited lights and their plates are huge. We ordered their Beef Tibs and barely finished it all. I do have to say that the injera was a bit much after eating handfuls of it. The beef was cooked to perfection and went well with the veggies that were on the plate. The service was a bit slow and the employees don't seem to multitask that well since we had to wait 20 mins to order and 15-20 minutes to get our bill. Overall, it's cheap and the food is good.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The food is simply amazing!!! We especially enjoyed the Gored Gored. The owner is very nice and accommodating. Our group of 6 really had an amazing time.