“Very good, amazing value for money!”

Nazareth Restaurant
Ranked #433 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We took the vegeriatan dish for 10 $, one draft beer and a glass of wine (water is free). It was enough for two people, maybe because we were not so hungry. The food was very tasty and wholesome. Beer and wine were quite good. We waited for the table for half an hour and it was Saturday evening (we arrived at 19:15). Yes, the place is tiny, but tidy and comfortable, not very formal. It is more a bar than a restaurant.
When we received the bill, we had a shock: 19 $ for two people, tax included. Amazing!
Absolutely, try it!
Trust me.

There are newer reviews for Nazareth Restaurant

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I'm pretty regular here. One of my fave places to take out-of-towners. Nazareth (the owner) is a force of nature. This tiny place is ALWAYS crowded because of the fantastic Ethiopian fare (I eat the veggie plate) and ridiculously low prices. There will be a lineup my friend. Be patient, bring a friend or a book.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nazareth has gone from a very tiny space to having quite a bit more space-meaning, not always having to wait a long time to be seated.
If you're vegan or vegetarian, Nazareth's veggie platter (for 1, 2 etc.) is so satisfying. Great lentil, split pea, collard greens (etc.), a couple of spicy options on the platter as well. Everyone in our family from the 1 year old to the 5 year old to myself can feast on this delicious vegan food.

The only reason I gave 4/5 stars (instead of 5), is due to the number of tvs around the restaurant. They are always on (which I don't like for my childrens' sake), and you couldn't even hear them anyways!! I would much rathe rhave some nice Ehtiopian music playing.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

If you like trying new things, then this is the place for you. The place was small not a lot of space but we got there before dinner time so we got a table right away. Four of us ordered 3 plates and were so full by the end of the meal. Serve was friendly, nice, warm people always had a smile on there faces, made you feel welcome. Food was very good, tasteful, different but yet very similar to what we see in stews. I had a great experience and would recommend this place to anyone that wants to try new food.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is simply the best place to get Ethiopian food in Toronto and it is at a very good price. This small restaurant gets busy very quickly so you must get there early or be very patient waiting for a table!