“Great Cuban Tapas”

Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East End
Description: Mambo Lounge, a delightful place for Cuban music, food and Mojito lovers.Traditional dishes are well matched with contemporary cuisine in a succulent menu that combines an excellent variety of options. Not only does our well combined and tasteful cooking style make people return, but also our intimate and cozy atmosphere and splendid music attract those who come to Mambo Lounge. Basking in the warm summer breeze on our casual patio, you can enjoy either a chilled beer or glass of wine. And moreover, our staff will provide you with a professional and friendly service, turning your stay in a priceless experience.
Toronto, Canada
“Great Cuban Tapas”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Mambo Lounge is a go-to spot for celebrations for one particular group of friends, so we ended up there for yet another birthday celebration. Seating is very limited and the place was full, so it was a good thing that we had reserved (and it was a Wednesday night!). On this particular evening, I chose to drink beer (a nice local micro-brewed), but they also have a good selection of cocktails and wines. Now, on to the tapas! Wonderful choices that are priced at $6 each, or four for $21. I loved everything, especially the garlic shrimp and the grilled calamari! But wait! They also have full Cuban entrees on the menu. One of our group had the steak and raved about it.

The service was prompt and friendly, the atmosphere was relaxed, and the food was delicious. Being on the Danforth, this place will be hopping during the warm months, so head on over to experience this true Toronto gem!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Shaz360

Toronto, Canada
“Great tapas”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had a really nice Cuban meal at the Mambo Lounge and will be back to try the patio this summer. We ordered 8 tapas for the two of us - they are 4 for $21.

We also tried the mojitos which are great but don't go that well with food! Next time I'll save the mojito for a "just drinks" evening.

The back patio looked like it would be nice but the weather was still too chilly when we visited.

We will be back!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank phladun
Thornhill, Canada
“Mambo is one of Toronto's Hidden Jems”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Consistently excellent food and service. The restaurant has Authentic Cuban atmosphere. Owner/operator 'Andreas Gonzalis' is Cuban and brings that original flavour to the table. A great selection of succulent tapas and fine dining. An absolute must. Entertainment on weekends and delightful private patio in the nicer weather. Reservations are recommended as seating is limited

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank rossfamily2014
Welland, Canada
“Cuban Tapas and Mojitos You can't go Wrong”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have eaten here a last summer and had the Roast Pig Dinner which was very good. This past week I went with some friends for some late lunch/early dinner. I was told the atraction here is the Mojito's and the Tapas Menu. We had an asortment of stuffed plaltain with beef, chicken, seafood and other tapas that my friends had ordered. They were all very good but the Mojitos were the best. Made with fresh mint and were the most refreshing drink ever and I don't even like rum. The service was great the atmosphere made you feel very Cuban.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Lenny4040
Ottawa, Canada
“Wish this Cuban oasis was in Ottawa!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was fortunate enough to be in Toronto again last week for a few days. I did not miss my chance to go to Mambo Lounge. I have been going to this little 'paradise' for a few years now each time I am in town.

I travel regularly to Cuba and this place is a piece of Cuba right on Danforth. It is well located and easy to get to by subway. Get off at the Broadview station, and it is a few steps away. The ambiance is welcoming, service is warm and friendly, the owner Andres is always there making sure everyone is happy and helping out anywhere he can, the food and drinks are excellent. Best mojitos in Toronto!

In the summer, they have a few Cuban Fiesta weekends scheduled where the cook prepares the typical Cuban fare of roasted pig, congris, etc. There is a band playing Cuban music and even a dancer performing. You can enjoy the sun and fresh air on their nice patio at the back or stay inside for a more romantic, dimmed light atmosphere. The restaurant is on the small side but I think it adds to the charm of the place. You can also book the whole restaurant for special functions.

I enjoy having dinner there with friends or hanging around the bar enjoying some great drinks and chatting with the staff and patrons. How I wish it was located in Ottawa, closer to me!

Try it, if you love Cuba, you will certainly love this place.

• Visited August 2013