“Wish this Cuban oasis was in Ottawa!”
Review of Mambo Lounge

Mambo Lounge
Ranked #815 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East End
Description: Mambo Lounge, a delightful place for Cuban music, food and Mojito lovers.Traditional dishes are well matched with contemporary cuisine in a succulent menu that combines an excellent variety of options. Not only does our well combined and tasteful cooking style make people return, but also our intimate and cozy atmosphere and splendid music attract those who come to Mambo Lounge. Basking in the warm summer breeze on our casual patio, you can enjoy either a chilled beer or glass of wine. And moreover, our staff will provide you with a professional and friendly service, turning your stay in a priceless experience.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was fortunate enough to be in Toronto again last week for a few days. I did not miss my chance to go to Mambo Lounge. I have been going to this little 'paradise' for a few years now each time I am in town.

I travel regularly to Cuba and this place is a piece of Cuba right on Danforth. It is well located and easy to get to by subway. Get off at the Broadview station, and it is a few steps away. The ambiance is welcoming, service is warm and friendly, the owner Andres is always there making sure everyone is happy and helping out anywhere he can, the food and drinks are excellent. Best mojitos in Toronto!

In the summer, they have a few Cuban Fiesta weekends scheduled where the cook prepares the typical Cuban fare of roasted pig, congris, etc. There is a band playing Cuban music and even a dancer performing. You can enjoy the sun and fresh air on their nice patio at the back or stay inside for a more romantic, dimmed light atmosphere. The restaurant is on the small side but I think it adds to the charm of the place. You can also book the whole restaurant for special functions.

I enjoy having dinner there with friends or hanging around the bar enjoying some great drinks and chatting with the staff and patrons. How I wish it was located in Ottawa, closer to me!

Try it, if you love Cuba, you will certainly love this place.

4  Thank nadma

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Last night my husband and I with 2 friends attended the weekend Cuban Carnival at the Mambo Lounge on Danforth Avenue. In 23 years of visiting Cuba this is the first time that I have ever come close to experiancing Cuba here in the Toronto! I can not believe that this place has been so close to us all this time and we missed it!

From the time we entered the lounge until the moment we left I truly felt we were back in Cuba. Met some amazing cubanos from Trinidad, Cienfuegos and Cardanas City. It was great spending time with them and talking about Cuba. The owner was a gracious host who made us feel like we were his long lost countrymen.

The food was excellent (we had the roast pig, chicken, rice & beans etc prepared for the evening at a fixed price), the drinks were spot on, the staff were gracious, and the live music was great. We were lucky enough to get a spot on the patio to enjoy the feast served for this occasion. When the rain started the staff moved us all inside and the party and live music continued complete with dancing girls.

The entire vibe of this place made us want to go back home and book another trip. When the long cold winter is upon us again, I can see where we will go to catch our own little ray of sunshine and piece of Cuba.

If you have a chance to go have a meal and drink here, don't pass it up. It will be well worth your time and money.

We can't wait to return!

7  Thank Julie062
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Visited this restaurant for my first time June 22 for a Cuban celebration. We sat on the patio
and had a great Cuban meal. Roasted pig, congri, chicken, pineapple, veggies and casava.
The food was so good and the sauce for the meat was delicious. There was also a 3 piece band
and dancers as well. You could get up and dnace if you wanted to or join ib the band with maraccas. Service was friendly and very good and the owner was around to visit with guests. I was there with two very good friends that had been before and thought I would enjoy it
and they were so right. Great food, company and entertainment, an absolutely amazing evening.

5  Thank cubasiempre
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went to Mambo last night with 4 friends, all fans of the restaurant. Although the service is great, and the food is generally very good, the portion sizes for the tapas items has shrunk dramatically since our last visit. Chorizo was about 1/3 of a sausage sliced up for $8! The goat cheese tapas (also $8) is approximately one ounce of cheese, and the shrimp tapas consists of 3 average sized shrimp. We ordered 9 items to share (which is enough if you go to Julie's, Carmen, Torito), and were still hungry. Perhaps that's why we were the only people in the restaurant?

2  Thank 513val
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Have not been on the Danforth for a while, but I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. While it is rather small, the layout is pleasant, and warm, and it has plenty of Cuban appeal. They had prix fixe for $30, which consisted of a salad or soup of the day, main course, and dessert. I had the salad, and the steak with delicious yuka fries. The portions were nice, and you do not leave hungry. The waiter told us they have musicians during summer Fridays, and they also do a Cuban Carnival. Where you might ask?...on their awesome large patio, which is hidden at the back, but which I will definitely visit, and so should you.

1  Thank Alex S