“Friendly service, tasty food.”
Review of Mambo Lounge

Mambo Lounge
Ranked #727 of 9,135 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East End
Description: Mambo Lounge, a delightful place for Cuban music, food and Mojito lovers.Traditional dishes are well matched with contemporary cuisine in a succulent menu that combines an excellent variety of options. Not only does our well combined and tasteful cooking style make people return, but also our intimate and cozy atmosphere and splendid music attract those who come to Mambo Lounge. Basking in the warm summer breeze on our casual patio, you can enjoy either a chilled beer or glass of wine. And moreover, our staff will provide you with a professional and friendly service, turning your stay in a priceless experience.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Have not been on the Danforth for a while, but I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. While it is rather small, the layout is pleasant, and warm, and it has plenty of Cuban appeal. They had prix fixe for $30, which consisted of a salad or soup of the day, main course, and dessert. I had the salad, and the steak with delicious yuka fries. The portions were nice, and you do not leave hungry. The waiter told us they have musicians during summer Fridays, and they also do a Cuban Carnival. Where you might ask?...on their awesome large patio, which is hidden at the back, but which I will definitely visit, and so should you.

1  Thank Alex S

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have been putting off a visit here for a long time because why who knows but wow what a surprise. My partner and I had a very enjoyable meal here that included some yucca fries which I never had before. Our dinner was basically steak frites a la Cuba style. Dinner was followed up by an amazing flan. Mambo is now on our list of go backs and can't wait for the and there patio.

1  Thank DeanK66
Reviewed January 29, 2013

All the staff were friendly and very good. The food wasn't overly fancy or of exquisite quality, but it was perfectly prepared and tasted excellent. Given the price we were very happy with it. The mojitos were expensive but well worth it, they were simple but made with quality ingredients and were very good.

It's a pretty small place, warm and cozy feeling. Perfect for dinner.

2  Thank accm1128
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant by pure chance, originally looking to eat in Greek town, we decided on Tapas. We shared a couple tapas plates and ordered the duck confit. The food looked good, but the taste was lacking. The duck leg was tender, but the so called sauce just appeared to be grease with no taste. For the tapas dishes we had spiced chicken drumsticks, which were slightly overdone and didn't seem to have any spices. The portabello mushroom was also disappointedly bland. The only dish we thoroughly enjoyed was the yucca fries with the extremely garlic aioli.
We also found the waitress to be quite pushy. I wanted just a soda and so I was mocked in front of our group of 6 about my unwillingness to try a virgin cocktail. I found her quite abrupt and not the most sympathetic waitress. We did arrive around 9, but did feel like we were imposing on her quiet time. When we asked to have separate checks for the 3 couples, we thought she was going to walk out on us. The look she gave us and the way she was talking to the chef in the open kitchen, clearly gave away her displeasure.

1  Thank TacoToronto
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My friends and I discovered it by accident. They have a "Cuban Special" on Tuesdays. Mojito, Tapas and a Cuban cigar. We're into cigars, so that was an easy decision. Their Mojitos are the best in Toronto hands down. Having visited Havana recently, I can confirm that they are on par. We were impressed by the tapas selection. Very tasty. Highlights included crab cakes, chorizo, chicken drumsticks. Their lamb entree is excellent. Try the yucca fries as well. Their back deck is spacious and private. The decor inside clean, classic and adorned with Cuban photos and art.

Now on to the service. The staff are some of the most fun and friendly folks you'll come across in the restaurant business. Service was prompt and the staff genuinely friendly and fun.

What more can I say? The pricing is reasonable and the portions are hearty. They also make great espresso's and cappuccinos. Being located in the Danforth area doesn't hurt either. Its a fun part of town.

1  Thank BWTravelz