“How do you spell salt?”

Neighborhood: North York
“How do you spell salt?”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

OK.

I'm a long time Steve's goer and decided to go for brunch with my family. We went to the Thornhill location. This is the 3rd time I have been and I am an all day breakfast guy. Can't beat the 2 eggs, turkey bacon, etc.

North York location is A+

This location is C-

Service was totally shocking. It took them 30 min to take our order. When they did, they forgot to make the kids their smoothies. This took another 20 min to get to the table. No water....no cutlery...no COFFEE.

The food that came out (finally) was fair at best. My son had the fish and chips...WAY too greasy and my eggs/homefries were almost inedible. So much salt on the homefries spoiled everything.

I will not be back in Thornhill Steve's. For the real experience, its worth the drive down Bathurst.

• Visited March 2012
5 Thank Jay F

Toronto, Canada
“Great place for Sunday Brunch or Breakfast.”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The food is tasty and well prepared and fresh. It just feel good to go there with the family. IT is a place where family time memories is made.

• Visited February 2012
Toronto, ON
“A busy local diner with good food”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This place has been in the neighbourhood for decades, now in its second and larger location. Great breakfasts with fast service and a good selection at fair prices. On the weekends especially it can be a real zoo however with kids running about and not using their "indoor voices" while their self indulgent parents ignore them, engaged in conversation with their dining companions. The noise level and shrieks can become disconcerting at times. So go during the week or else really early (especially on Sunday mornings when the din can be deafening) and enjoy a great breakfast.

Visited November 2011
Toronto
“One of my favourite breakfast places”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

If you are okay waiting during peak breakfast times, I would recommend. Its delicious food, good service, bustling atmosphere.

Visited December 2011
Toronto
“Not the same safe bet Steve's used to be”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Either we're getting more discerning, or Steve's has fallen off in recent years. 15-20 years ago, one of our favourite late brunch places on a Sunday after a late night, it seems the place hasn't been updated since..mind you they still attract a good crowd.

Decent simple food, but the overall cleanliness and service to us has gone downhill in recent times. The portions are pretty hearty, but best if you stick to the traditional breakfast food or diner fare (the veggies are of the frozen variety). My friends always seem to happy with the Burgers & Souvlaki, but as for a Vegan myself, there is barely an option. Last time we were there, are table wasn't exactly spotless, and neither was our cutlery. I recommend to use the bathroom at home before you come here unless you are absolutely desperate.

• Visited September 2011