“Unpretentious and delicious”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I like taking people here for their birthday. Lovely warm atmospehere. Wonderful customer service, and the food is delicious and so fresh.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I have eaten at Villa previously and although the service was attentive and friendly, I found the brunch items average for the price. All our brunch items were $14.95 which I think is pricey for food that was OK but not outstanding. Although the place was almost empty when we arrived, our orders were slow to arrive. Our waitress replenished our coffee continuously so no complaints there but only brought water for the two of our party who asked for it and did not inquire whether anyone else would like some. Not sure I will return for brunch any time soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

Even though I moved out of bloor west village 3 years ago, I make the 45 minute trek to eat here. Was here last night using my groupon, and, like always, it didn’t disappoint.
This is quite possibly my all time favorite restaurant for a few reasons:
- I’ve always loved the space. They used to Zsa Zsa’s (had a great brunch!) and then Il Fornello’s, and when they kept the gluten free pizza & pasta from here, I was hooked.
- The many gluten free options – a bun to put anything on (I’ve had bruschetta on it, delish!), pizza, and pasta, always cooked to perfection. Never been sick – not like at il fornello’s Richmond hill.
- Quality of the food – never had a bad meal here, and I’ve been a ton of times
- Patio out front during summer
- Unique Pizza's
- Service – always speedy and friendly
- Kid friendly (you don’t feel like everyone is glaring at you when you bring a baby/toddler in for a meal)
I am looking forward to the next time I get to eat at villa!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I've lived in the neighborhood for 5+ hrs and have been to Villa several times. It was always a decent option in Bloor West with ok food. Service was never their strength. My prior experiences were before I had a kid.
My wife, 22 month old son and I decided to stop in for dinner one weeknight in July. My son has a milk allergy and had his dinner at home earlier. Because of the allergy we just picked up a small fried from McDs so he could munch on something. We went to Villa because we knew it was not a fancy place and thought it was kid friendly (paper tablecloths! Crayons for kids). We ordered our food,asked what items didn't have milk ingredients for our son and were not satisfied by the replies. While we waited for our meals, our son played with the crayons andante a fry occasionally. Then, the nice waitress came by and told us that outside food wasn't allowed in the restaurant. They could have said that when we sat down initially and put the small fry bag on the table clearly visible. We explained the milk allergy again to the waitress and offered to put the bag away and put a couple of fries on a plate. Shortly afterwards the owner came by. She said no outside food and we sakes if she can guarantee no milk products in their food and she said she could give hime some plain pasta. We told her we'd put the fry bag away and pull out a couple for him. She still resisted saying she couldn't allow a McDs bag in her restaurant. We put it away seething and contemplating leaving, but wanted to be nice to the waitress so we asked her to pack it.
I've talked to friends who own restaurants of similar and higher class and they all agreed that our compromise offer was suitable and the owner was unjustified. I would totally understand if it was a busy night or a better restaurant (that had real tablecloths). But it was early (6pm) with only a few people, some with kids who really wouldn't care if there were 5 fries on a bread plate.
This owner was unprofessional and should take a course on customer service. she lacked the common decency to show compassion for a baby that has a food allergy.
Needless to say, we will not return to Villa. I'll take my money to better restaurants even when we don't bring our kid out. Their loss.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

We had pizza with whole grain crust and it was real tasty. My partner had seafood pasta which was above average. Nothing unique or different. Nice location.