“Good for lst night in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Ultimate Cafe - CLOSED

The Ultimate Cafe
Cuisines: Italian, American, Cafe, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown West
New England
“Good for lst night in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

A little place on West Street, good service, drinks were cold, food was good. Pasta cooked the way it should be, could have with or without meat/chicken. Open kitchen with only chef so service was a little slow, but everything was served hot. Good place to stop if you had not read about where to eat.

• Visited July 2014

Peterborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“local independent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

a small independent restaurant,excellent food i which seemed to be cooked to order, all ingredients seemed very fresh.. Friendly relaxed service, Probably the best meal we have eaten in the five days we have been in Toronto and reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“High-end service with small prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Ive been there for brunch and it was fantastic. I had waiter Abby and she was really nice and helpful. I ordered fettuccine with cream sauce and some add-ons. My meal was ready really quick and i truly enjoyed it. One of the best pastas i ever had.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ysokolova
Toronto
“Quaint Restaurant with Good Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We are regulars at The Ultimate Cafe before our Mirvish theatre night out. The restaurant is cosy and friendly with a modern touch of sophistication. The pasta dishes are delicious, good sized portions and reasonably priced. Salads are crisp and fresh an the desserts are tempting and tasty. They also have choices of draft on tap. Service is friendy and done in a timely manner especially if the server is informed that we are going to the theatre. The restaurant is very close to the theatres on King Street and right across the street from TIFF. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Berble
Keswick, ON
“A long time favourite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've been to Ultimate Cafe many times in the past 3 or 4 years. It has become a favourite before theatre for us. I can't understand why it is seldom busy ... I almost hesitate to write a good review in case we suddenly can't get in without waiting. But I see other good reviews here. The menu is mostly pasta with some Asian choices ... all that I've had were excellent, and my companions agree, and prices are quite reasonable for the theatre district. We have always had friendly, attentive wait staff, often the same waitress that even remembers us. The music is usually jazz standards at the appropriate volume. Why there isn't a line-up at the door is a mystery to me.

• Visited December 2013