“The worst coffee ever”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Service is good, a young nice girl made everything to let us feel comfortable, even the chocolate cake was great, BUT these guys have no idea how a to make coffee. Even my old half-broken coffee machine makes it way better.
Never ever again.

Reviewed January 24, 2011

I went to Ultimate Cafe recently, December 17, on my way to the theater, and everything was amazing. My husband ordered a three course dinner special for $25.99 – delicious homemade butternut squash soup, a perfectly cooked steak, and an exemplary creme brule. I ordered a pasta with a unique creamy pesto sauce, vegetables, and proscuitto. The portion was huge!

We were both very pleased with the quality and quantity of food, especially considering the moderate prices. The service was great too. The two waitresses working were both very cheerful and efficient.

We were especially pleased at the speed of service – we arrived a little late, and were still able to eat and leave on time for our show, despite having a full house!

Definitely recommend!

1  Thank ABBA223
Reviewed January 20, 2011

5 of us dined for dinner, 2 had steaks which were far better than ones from the Keg Price- wise & qualitywise.
2 had salmons and they were so happy.
1 had a lamb. Most of us ordered 3 course meal cost for $26.\
We could not believe the money value for the meal and crem brulees were so good.
We all recommand everyone to visit and try.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

My husband and I ate an early dinner here during our one day visiting Toronto. We were seeing a show at 8pm at The Second City and didn't want to venture too far from that area. This restaurant is located in a strip of restaurants and it had the most reasonable prices. There were other eateries with more creative menus and meal choices, but we were on a tight budget and decided to eat at the Ultimate Cafe. Our server was very friendly and did a great job considering she was the only server for the whole restaurant. The food was reasonably priced, but nothing special. I wouldn't say it was anything better than at a chain restaurant like Olive Garden (although I haven't been there in years because we try to avoid chain restaurants), but it was satisfying. My husband and I each had a pasta dish, which tasted good but was nothing spectacular. The "fresh seasonal vegetables" that were described in the menu for our dishes ended up being celery and strips of green and red pepper. I found this to be a strange addition to Italian pasta dishes (I had anticipated broccoli, carrot, asparagus, maybe eggplant?) Overall, the service was quick and friendly, the prices were very reasonable (especially for downtown Toronto), and the food was mediocre but not disappointing.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

We went there for brunch, the food was ok, but the service was terrible. They forgot to bring the menu, and we had to ask for; we ordered, and then they totally forgot about us, and we had to remind them twice about the order! Our meals finally arrived after 45 mins, which was totally unacceptable for a brunch (we ordered grilled cheese panini and eggs and bacon). The place was busy, and some lateness is acceptable but not 45 mins, and they even did not apologize for negligence.