“Just ok”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown West
“Just ok”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I have been there a few times with co-workers and friends since it is very close to where I work. You can get a decent bento box for around $16. They also have a good selection of ala carte. Food and service is not bad. Price is not cheap but reasonable enough considering it is downtown location. Would I recommend it? Sure. I don't think one will jump up and down with excitement but don't think you will be disappointed either. it is just ok.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank uask4it

“Everything was solid!”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I have been to Ninki Sushi three times now and each time it has been solid. For the price, I think one would be hard pressed to find better value. I usually get the Chicken teriyaki bento box and the portions are sizable and I find that the food is perfectly seasoned, especially the tempura which is not too battered. The miso soup is not too salty. My boss enjoyed his sushi, especially the salmon. The service could be a little more on top of things, especially asking for refills on water or seconds on pop. That is a relatively minor infraction of the quality of the food in comparison to the price. If you need to have a quick business lunch at an affordable price, then Ninki Sushi will provide an ideal lunch stop.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank tdsuperstar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good quality sushi”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I visit Ninki on an average of once a week because the sushi is fresh and high quality. My only complaint is that the place is very noisy.

Visited November 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Service of one waiter ruined it...”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is a review of ninkis restaurant in the lower scotia plaza NOT the one on the street level of Adelaide (although owned by same).

Normally like this place because it's really quite on a Friday night with my family when the suit have all left in their BMWs to hit the martini bars.

Ninki has an "all you can eat" price. Recently I went back and had two unpleasant experiences.

1. I was not aware of an apparent rule that ALL in your party have to accept "all you can eat" if just one person chooses this option.

My daughter is 14 years old and she really wasn't feeling like all u can eat AND I had no option. And my 10yr old son had to accept the chil all you can eat. Child pricing.

Now a rule is a rule. Just let me know or make it very clear upfront, hopefully prior to being seated BUT what happened next was troubling.

2. The waiter, upon telling me the rule and my getting confused by the rule (as he said something to the effect of 'no sharing'), he got very testy that this was THEIR RULE! At this point I had not really made a single point (except to perhaps say i am not planning on sharing - ive been to buffets before PLEASE- didn't say the last part). BUT he clearly was looking for a fight. I couldn't believe this guy. I'm about to shell out over $60 between me and two kids and he's accosting me?! I think not. Guess what? I'm not going back! Sorry ninki, I wish you the best but I'm ninking out of their!

1 Thank S2TM
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tasteless and bland sushi”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Unfortunately the sushi at this restaurant is incredibly bland and the rice is also ill-prepared. I was very disappointed!

• Visited August 2011