“Owner needs an attitude adjustment”
Review of Bulldog Cafe - CLOSED

Bulldog Cafe
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The coffee is fine however the owner really needs a lesson in how to retain his customers. Owners can not expect tips in their tip jar.it a faux pas to give your customers dirty looks who don't thrown change in your jar, so for that I won't return.

3  Thank Semma11

Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you're looking for a quick coffee spot just for reading or on the go, then this is an option. However, this cafe with minimal seating offers no Wi-Fi, no plug-ins for laptops, accepts only cash and proclaims to offer divine hot chocolate that is far less than par.

3  Thank STho
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stuart is an orginal - both in opening a coffee shop with a quality product served with care and in his wonderful, gregarious personality. The coffees are wonderful, sizes are good for the prices charges, and some of the baked goods are "homemade" on the premises. The other staff share Stuart's enthusasim for brewing delicious coffee. I have only been to the Eglinton location once - which seemed to lack the energy and care of the original Granby St. location. However, I would want to try it again and would still suggest those in North Toronto head to Eglinton St east of Yonge if they wanted a good Bulldog!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been going here for the last couple of years. Almost always I get the coffee to go. The coffee is great. I never really had any problems with rudeness. Maybe certain staff could be more polite; however, I just think that if someone is a little standoffish, that is just the way they are. It is no big deal. The last time I was there, the young hostess made a cute pig in the foam of my cappuccino! Whenever, I'm in the area, I try to make it a point to visit here.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

For all you New Zealander's (and Australian's) dying of caffeine withdrawal in the land of venti double soy mocha latte's I have finally found a found a decent coffee. I nearly cried when I saw the perfect flat white being poured for me and only a few hundred meters from my hotel.!!! I am coming back every day. Their counter snacks look fantastic too. The service is swift and they really understand coffee and hate Starbucks!!!