“Delicious”
Review of Pizza Rustica

Pizza Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizza Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,137 of 8,765 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: John St
Transit: St. Andrews subway station located on King and University is only a 5 minute walk to Pizza Rustica.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went here by accident. It was pouring rain and the place we wanted to go to was closed for 3 hours for a private function. This was the closest place! The pizza was delicious. The server recommended the sausage and calabrese and we loved it. There was a good selection if wines and it didn't hurt that the Real Madrid game was on tv. All in all great place and would highly recommend it.

2  Thank SammyNPaul

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I went to Pizza Rustica for lunch this past Friday, it was my second visit. I shared a Caesar salad and rustica pizza with my boyfriend. The service was good as well as the food. It's not a place that will wow you at all, it just is what it is. Overall, you wouldn't be making a huge mistake to try it out, but don't expect to get the best pizza you've ever had.

1  Thank LDE08
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Took our 2 young kids here- not really a menu for them although the 4 cheese pizza was a surprising hit. My husband and I loved the 4Cheese and the Pineapple/Proscuitto. Just found the price of a glass of chianti very expensive- 19.00$ for 9 oz?!? I didn't look at the bill until after so maybe it was a mistake and the kids were tired so I didn't go back. Found the atmosphere a little closed in. Good thing it wasn't busy. Wasn't much selection of beer on tap.
I think it would a better date place than family place.

2  Thank Ephedra7
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Read some very positive reviews about the pizzas from this restaurant. Ordered pick-up on a Sunday night - their "signature" pizza, the Rustica Pizza. Staff was friendly on the phone and when picking up my order, but the pizza was lousy. Timing was good - was told it would be ready in 15 minutes, I got there in 12 minutes and it was already packed up and ready to go. The pizza crust was yellow, hard and bland. The toppings tasted like they had been sitting out all day, no flavour, dull on the taste buds. The prosciutto was especially tough and inedible - had to remove from my pizza. Also ordered the Fragola Salad - most was good except the strawberries - they were like dried out clumps.

3  Thank fairwaymob
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stopped after viewing the menu, wished we walked past.
The atmosphere was busy and it seems like the waitresses aren't experienced to handle a small crowd? As the restaurant is a small place. We ordered the seafood pizza, bad mistake, it was bland, not even cheese on it! Didnt finish it and when asked if there was anything wring, we explained in simple English that it wad tasteless, instead of taking it off the bill, we were given a 50% discount for their bland pizza? The waitress only comes to your table twice, so get a few drinks, as your refill won't make it until the end of the meal.
I'm sure there are far more better places then this one.

1  Thank JustATravelGurl