“About What I'd Expect for Bar Food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Baton Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #275 of 7,931 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Gluten Free
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: John Street
Transit: Subway St-Andrews Station
Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“About What I'd Expect for Bar Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was ok. The service was friendly. Basically went there because I was staying downtown and it was close by. I thought the Ceasar Salad was pretty good, but the chicken wasn't the quality I'd hoped for.

Visited December 2012

San Fernando, Trinidad
“Lovely Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

First experience at this chain. Great for quick , good tasting meal. Attentive service . Good value for money .

Visited December 2012
Santa Clara, Panama
“hankering for fake Cajan food?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Oozing with suburban mall - chain-store atmosphere, this fake Cajan restaurant has everything a taste-challenged housewife could want - not too spicy, not too exotic, fast and not too expensive - all that is missing is charm, taste and authenticity.
If one more waiter comes up and says "Hi, my name is Chadd (with two d's) and I will be your waiter this morning - can I start you with an authentic Hurricane? I will do something violent.
I did not choose the place - we had to meet up with family and it was in the middle (Eaton's Center)
BTW - anyone that thought Baton Rouge was French deserves a double dose of Cajan hotsauce (psst... the super- secret ingredient is Tobasco sauce). Sorry to be harsh scubachicka - but you should not have skipped geography.
If you really want authentic Cajan cuisine, try Southern Accent in Mirvish Village. I have not been there in a year but it is still one of my favorites of all time.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Hermosa Beach, California
“surprisingly delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited the restaurant for our first time on a Monday night.
It was half full,with no wait.
The decor is pleasing and comfortable.
We had an excellent server and the portions were huge.
We will return!

Visited November 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

When I heard the name "Baton Rouge", I thought it was some fancy French restaurant. Not so. It's more like a typical "steakhouse" restaurant (as I heard someone more accurately describe it).

This one (there are three Baton Rouge restaurants in Toronto) is located next to the CN Tower, attached to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Be aware of that when booking reservations--know which location you are making reservations at.

The place was large and I have to say I liked the look of it. Now onto the review:

Food:
I ordered a salmon because fish is generally a healthy option. That was a mistake. Salmon is not something you can cheap out on. It came with a large salad that I could not finish and subsequently caused me not to be able to finish my entree. Bottom line: large portions, and the food on the plate isn't very good. But maybe I just chose the wrong item. This was my first time there.

Drinks:
I asked for lemonade. They had none. I got iced tea instead. They brought my dessert tea out with a pot of hot water and the tea bag--some people are really picky about that.

the Bill:
They automatically include gratuity in your bill. My salmon was $27, my drinks about $2, yet with the tax and gratuity I ended up paying $38.

• Visited October 2012