“A great dumpling house to fuel your Toronto sightseeing”
Review of Dumpling House

Dumpling House
Ranked #177 of 9,378 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed July 31, 2018

Tourist tripping in Toronto got us to China Town. Yelp and the staff hand prepping the dumplings in the window brought us into dumping house.

Service: We were greeted and seated immediately upon entering. Our orders came out promptly and two servers checked on us throughout our visit. The manager stopped by at the end to check on us which we appreciated.

Dumplings and misc: An order of steamed dumplings gets you 15 pieces and an order of Pan Fried dumplings gets you 12 pieces. Both offer great value at 9.99. What's great is you get to pick 3 different types for your order. My steamed all stars: The Lamb and Pork and Chive. I've never had lamb in a dumpling so I had to try it, glad I did. Pan Fried all stars: Fried beef the Fried Shrimp + Pork dumpling. The house Special noodles was very tasty, I'd order again. The bok choy topped with the yummy black mushrooms gets my veggies in so I feel healthy af. Good quality dumplings that come to your table quickly.

Ambiance: It's a hole in the wall restaurant with above average considering it's size. There's a long community table down the center with tables surrounding it. The open dining area was decorated with chinese ornaments and the mirrors on the wall make the area appear more spacious. We had no issues with the dining area.

FYI. This is a cash only establishment which is posted on several signs in the restaurant. If you're out and about in the Toronto China Town area and want to have some fresh dumplings and/or other Chinese dishes, this is a great option to consider. They make them fast, and you can be on your way quickly. This is a lovely casual dumpling restaurant that offers really good value for the price. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We found Dumpling House through tripadvisor and were not disappointed! We had chicken fried rice ( best I've ever tasted) and beancurd noodles with veg (flat noodles with just chopped green chillies- not so tasty...) at a reasonable price (for Canada)$22 CAD
Would definitely go again as everything we saw looked good!

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We had an excellent lunch at a good price at this restaurant. Good portions. Have no complaints. Try the dumplings.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Dumplings are widely known Chinese dishes which I find a must to try so I visited the restaurant. I have no doubt about its authenticity cause there were many Chinese people in there. A bit of a trouble was their very few vegetarian dumplings so if you want to go with dumplings as a vegetarian you only have two kinds if you don’t care about dumplings you have many meatless sides and noodles and salads. Dumplings were great, fried more tasty than steamed ones! It was an extraordinary lunch as an European but as an adventurous person it was just great!

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Dumplings are terrific. Steamed and fried both cooked perfect. Service excellent. Reasonably priced. Order to share.