“Bring an empty stomach!!!”

Copacabana Brazilian Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Copacabana Brazilian Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #342 of 9,068 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Transit: Yonge & Eglinton subway station
Description: Authentic Brazilian Rodizio. Immerse yourself in the culture through delectable eats, incredible cocktails and the best in live entertainment. There are no average nights at CopaCabana.Copacabana is a unique and exciting concept with a storied history deeply rooted in Brazilian culture. Our focus on superior food quality, exceptional service and an exciting dining experience for every guest is how we create lasting memories for our guests with every visit.Indulge with over 20 cuts of perfectly seasoned and grilled meats along with a full buffet, pasta and salad bar to satisfy every appetite. We pair mouthwatering food with an invigorating atmosphere.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went with a large group on a Friday night for which we were given a time slot of a couple of hours (though we were never told to leave, though our reservation was late to I doubt there was another reservation after us).

The meat was great but was hard to come by as they skipped by our table quite a few times (and I had the misfortune of being at the wrong side of the table, when they did serve us, oftentimes they ran out of meat by the time they reached me so had to wait for them to bring out more ... they sometimes forgot to come back for me). That being said I was definitely not starving, in fact I was stuffed by the time we rolled out of there! There was a decent variety to choose from.

Aside from the meat, they brought by an assortment of fresh and delicious Brazilian breads. The salad bar had a great assortment of yummy grilled veggies, fresh, raw veggies, pastas, dressings, etc.

A note, there is a double-sided coaster/card at each seat, one side indicating "bring on the meat" and the other "I'm full", make sure you have it on the right side or you will be skipped and may not understand why.

The show (a couple of fantastically dressed female Samba dancers and a couple of fit male Capoeira dancers) were entertaining and interactive. Dancers make their way through the restaurant and stick around for pictures with patrons after their shows. I believe the shows are once every 30 mins.

The place was packed so the service was slow but they were always very friendly.

Overall it was a fun night out with the group. It is not cheap (paid about $100 for myself for the meal plus a couple of drinks) but considering there is also a show, it's not too bad!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great atmospere, great food, reasonable price for a night of entertainment. Went with a large group and had plenty of food and servers. Location is a little odd, more business area.

1  Thank Kim B
Reviewed January 11, 2013

One of the best restaurants you can find in Canada in the Brazilian Style steak house.

Besides the good selection of meat, the sides are very typical ... and tasty ... you must try them ... good typical food prepared by people who know how to prepare best meat selection.

Complimentary ... fantastic show of Brazilian "mulatas" ... your wife will not leave you alone.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

First off booking a reservation was very weird, I called a few times and couldn't speak to live person, always had to leave a message to book, then they called me back hours later, and they had to email a contract for me to sign and fax back!! (I'm guessing cause we had a party of 15 people) Found that a little odd.... But I never got the contract..

We could only choose between two times for dinner on the Saturday which was 5:30pm or 9:30pm.

We got there for 9:30, but our table want ready till a little after 10pm!!

Its a nice atmosphere, party-ish for adults, music was good, the sides at the buffet table were ok... They should have little signs by the food, explaining what it is or whats in the food, cause we couldn't tell what was what!

As for the waiters coming around (by the way some of them had little attitudes) serving us slices of the skewers it was cool, but they kept going on one side of the table, and say they were coming back but didn't or they would come back with a different meat.... The slices they cut off the meat was sooooo thin, I thought it was a joke....$50 per person, they need to serve a lot more!! The shrimp skewers were over cooked and it was hard to peel the shell off!!

The meat selection was good, taste really good but a bit salty at times.... however we didn't get to try all the meat, they never came to our table with cheese stuffed prime rib or the suckling pig... or dinner rolls, they gave half the table cornbread(more like corn cake, but tasty)... The other half of the table got cornbread nearly 30mins later!

I feel because we had such a large table, they weren't able to handle it all, until the end when we were pretty much the last to leave and were already full.

Overall it was an ok experience, I did love the roasted pineapple!!! The Brazilian ladies did a dance for a few minutes and took pics with us... had a fun time, I like the concept, but its not really worth the hefty price tag!!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I went with my wife late on a Wednesday night. This is a churrascaria-style restaurant, where you help yourself to the sides at a buffet bar, and they keep bringing you different kinds of meat on skewers. The variety of meats available is incredible - they have maybe 20 different types, many of which taste exquisite! Our personal favorites were the flank steak, the garlic steak and the parmesan crusted steak. I ordered a caipirinha, which was made just right. Service was quick - no complaints there. The meal came to $38 per head, plus drinks and taxes.

The one downside is that the ambience doesn't match the otherwise incredible experience! The tables look like they're from a cafeteria, the paint on the walls is dull and the whole place looks a bit rundown and industrial on the inside. Maybe it would look better if there were more light and more people, but we were definitely not impressed.