“Quick and Yummy”

Little India Restaurant
Ranked #268 of 8,898 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Met a Toronto friend for lunch while in town with a co-worker for training and he took us here. We got the lunch buffet since we were in a hurry. They had just opened the upstairs since they had filled up downstairs. Despite being thrown together the upstairs buffet had a great selection - they apologized that they didn't have fresh naan ready and brought some to the table. The guys had 2 full plates - my co-worker didn't have dinner that night he was so full from lunch.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Picked out from trip advisor and rating fully justified. Meat combo for two plus vegetable Thali ordered, was sufficient for four of us as rice, nans, etc came with it. Good food and along with drinks, bill less than C$25 pp. Great value compared with many places we have eaten on this trip.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stopped by for dinner once here. Highly recommended for the simple, yet elegant atmosphere of the place, same goes for the food. Nothing pretentious here, just a nice place with a soul and comfort. The service was top notch and we had a friendly waiter too who was very outgoing and kind.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My Wife and I used to eat a lot of Indian food living in England, and have now lived in the states for the last few years, where we have found it very hard to get decent Indian food.

We took a vacation to Canada and had a few nights in Toronto and were wondering around and found Little India and went inside, the staff greeted us and were very friendly and got us a table for two straight away.

The food here was amazing and tasteful , my wife had the vegetarian Jalfrezi & i had the Chicken Tikka Masala, and we had the Vegetarian platter to start with which was amazing, some of the best samosas and onion baji's i've ever had.

Not only was the food fantastic the price as great, dinner for two cost us just over 60 CAD and we had 4 beers in with that also. We would definitely return.

1  Thank Jayda L
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Indian cuisine is by far my favorite and when I travel for my work (every single week of the year), I am always seeking for the best Indian food across all the cities that I visit. Little India has this very satisfying experience, food, price, service and staff. Everything is just fine. Nothing to be crazy excited about but definitely a well balanced place scoring where many other restaurants lack. I will go back, maybe not jumping around with excitement, but certainly with confidence that I will get a great and authentic indian culinary experience.