“Good luck, a bad hip, and Trip Advisor took us to Papaya on our second day in Toronto.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Papaya - CLOSED

Papaya
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

Closer to our hotel and cheaper than other restaurants we considered, Papaya lived up to it's excellent T.A. recommendations. The curries were fresh tasting and nicely seasoned. Service was friendly and attentive. Simple decor and subdued lighting created a pleasantly serene atmosphere in contrast to busy Yonge St. outside.

1 Thank Sherlocky78

“Excellent across the board”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Every single thing we ordered was fantastic, service was good, comfortable even with children in tow - a great first experience with Thai food for them and first rate for the adults as well!

1 Thank Mimi1791
Burlington, Canada
“Fav Restaurant in Toronto”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

I used to live very close to Papaya and would visit at least monthly. Now that I live out of town I make it a priority to have lunch or dinner at Papaya whenever possible. It really is great tasty food. The presentation is usually very lovely as well. It is usually not very busy when I am there and the staff let you stay and chat with your friends without pressure or turning tables. I have always found the service quite good and courteous. My fav dishes are the vegetarian ones with lots of curry options to choose from. I have also had them cater for school functions and they delivered. I whole heartedly recommend this place!

• Visited June 2011
Toronto, Canada
“A hidden gem in downtown Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

I go to this restaurant very frequently because I work nearby. If you are going for a sit-down lunch, reservations are a must. This place gets packed. The service is good overall and the food is fantastic, and at a great price. They also do takeout. If you call ahead, your order will usually be ready within 15 minutes. Try the kung pao chicken, my favourite.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto
“Impressive Lunch Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

Pleasantly surprised with lunch.

I had the #10 combo: spring roll, corn soup, mixed green salad, rice and choice of chicken, beef or vegetable. Very tasty, especially the corn soup. Nice restaurant decor. Reasonably priced and fair sized portions.

Once the waiter took our order, the food came very fast and hot. The service was not quite as efficient otherwise.

1 Thank The_Esplanade