“Lesson learned - read reviews first!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kultura - CLOSED

Kultura
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: King. St. E. and Jarvis St.
Transit: King subway station or 504 king streetcar (streetcar stop is Jarvis St.)
Description: 3 Floors, 4 Rooms, 2 Lounge Bars, & seating for up to 200 people. 400 Person Capacity for Events and Corporate Parties. Kultura is a fashionable King Street East it-spot which previously housed the Wagner Rosenbaum Gallery. A stunning site to behold, Kultura boasts itself as a trendsetting, chic, upscale destination for social dining. Lovely tapas sized plates of distinct flavours take diners on an endlessly inventive and inspired world tour. The menu is diverse with cross cultural offerings that include anything from Italian to Asian-fusion cuisine. Amazing Food, Decor & Ambiance.... The Best Toronto has to offer...
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lesson learned - read reviews first!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went over with friends from work for summerlicious as we were curious about the place. We made reservations, arrived on time. The place looked pretty good, the food - we couldn't really say as we barely got our appetiizers - and the service was really slow and lousy. We got some drinks and ordered in due time (read: we had to call the attention of the waiter/s). An hour later we were following up on our main dish and it was nowhere to be found. It was late and we were hungry and they gave us an excuse that they had some printing problem in there system (read: our food was not yet prepared).

We ended up leaving without eating. The manager came to see us but was not really sympathetic - I guess from all the negative reviews here, it must've been common for them to have unhappy, hungry and dissatified customers. It was a shame since the place looked real nice. They should have a new manager / management in place.

Would definately NOT recommend the place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Toronto T

• Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
“Surprising improvement in food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Returned to Toronto after a year and my boyfriend's family took me to dine at the Kultura restaurant. Honestly, I had horrifying memories from the year before and didn't want to take a risk on a busy Friday night. But it was too late to make fresh reservations anywhere else, so we went anyways. Thank God we didn't change our plans, because the trip has completely changed my opinion of the food there.
We ordered pretty much everything on the fixed menu (from the promotion) and to our delight every single dish was beautifully cooked and delicious. The calamari was perfectly cooked, nice and tangy. The fish was juicy, serve on top of a nice salsa type veg mix. My boyfriend's mom really loved the banana spring roll dish. Wish the pasta dish was less rich and more flavourful...but it wasn't bad at all. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars to the place, the table next to us were trying out the new "hooka" thing (towards the very end of the evening, just before we were leaving). That was just spoiling the ambience of the place. I wish they would segregate a floor for that. Other than that...it was a good evening overall with some great food. Will be back before leaving the city.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Friendly and warm environment delicious courses and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Well summerlicious is in full swing and I don't usually write reviews but after my experience here I just needed to rave about it. Started off with spicy Asian salad that was fresh and scrumptious. For the second course had the Miami ribs which had my taste buds dancing. Ending with a dessert that was visually appealing as tasty. Chocolate banana spring rolls with gelato. This is by far one of the best dining experiences I have had in awhile and definitely will make a repeat visit. Thank you kultura for an enjoyable dining experience! Keep up the good work.

Toronto, Canada
“What an amazing Restaurant with incredible food. Loved it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We finally went to Kultura a week ago to try it out since so many of our friends are raving about it. Now we too are raving about it. The tastiest food you could imagine. We could not believe how good almost all the dishes were. Try the margarita Naan, Ahi Tuna Cornets, Tacos,

Mushroom Orecchiette, Lamb and Lava cake to finish it off. You will be amazed. Great Job Kultura and a very nice and friendly staff. Can’t wait to go back.

Toronto Canada
“From excellent to average in just a few short months”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Kultura is under new management. We found this out when we asked the waitress why the food had taken a downhill run. The appetizer, duck confit ravioli, was greasy - its dipping sauce, tasteless. The mains, mushroom orichette and Arctic char were okay; the orichette perhaps a bit too oily. The high-lite was the sauce that came with the panna cotta for dessert. But just when things were beginning to look up, our other dessert, doughnut holes, which used to come with a wonderful dipping sauce, arrived sauce-less. It reminded me of Timbits, 5 of them in total. Okay if you're grabbing a snack at Tim Horton's, not so good if you're dining at Kultura. The cappuccino was thin and flavourless and was more latte-like than what we ordered. I had to wonder how this all could have transpired. Did the new owners, perhaps, like eating there, so they bought the place, got rid of the chef, and then expected everything to be just as it was? I guess I'll never know. Oh, we were two of only four people in the dining room; all of us far too old the for the hip-hop or whatever it now might be called, but the noise blasted from the stereo just the same.

• 2 of 5 bubbles