“Excellent Choice!”
Review of Kultura - CLOSED

Kultura
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: King. St. E. and Jarvis St.
Transit: King subway station or 504 king streetcar (streetcar stop is Jarvis St.)
Description: 3 Floors, 4 Rooms, 2 Lounge Bars, & seating for up to 200 people. 400 Person Capacity for Events and Corporate Parties. Kultura is a fashionable King Street East it-spot which previously housed the Wagner Rosenbaum Gallery. A stunning site to behold, Kultura boasts itself as a trendsetting, chic, upscale destination for social dining. Lovely tapas sized plates of distinct flavours take diners on an endlessly inventive and inspired world tour. The menu is diverse with cross cultural offerings that include anything from Italian to Asian-fusion cuisine. Amazing Food, Decor & Ambiance.... The Best Toronto has to offer...
“Excellent Choice!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Kultura provides superior food, service and quality as compared to many restaurants in the Toronto area. I am a business owner operating in downtown Toronto, and I frequent Kultura on a weekly basis to enjoy their eclectic menu, as well as bring business colleagues and friends to enjoy an evening out. Highly recommended.

• Turkish first
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I pop in regularly for drinks - and I end staying for the evening! Looveee this place - great, beautiful servers, adicting food!! Omg, the orrechiette, the naans, the tenderloin!!! This is the food to live and die for!

“A real treat!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Excellent food, excellent service reasonably priced. Attention to detais, including a birthday cake treat: on the house!
Simple but good selection of well chosen food items. Their sea-bass is done to perfection.

3 Thank Andrew S
“Expensive and unimpressed”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you come hungry, expect to pay a week's salary! When I come to an establishment like this, I don't mind paying a premium price if the food is refined and sophisticated and the service is impeccable. The food was mediocre at best and our waitress had a miserable face the who entire night. It took over an hour for our party of 12 to be served and the food came out in dribs and drabs. The waitress never came over once to ask us if we wanted a another drink after waiting so long for food. It made for an awkward dining experience because half the table was done before the others even had their first dish served.

I ordered foie gras pulled pork tacos ($16), Mediterranean naan ($9) and vanilla fries ($6). The only thing I enjoyed was the fries. They served 3, two bite tacos. You couldn't even taste the foie gras in the tacos amid the thick filling of guacamole and creme fraiche. The pulled pork was also extremely dry and tasteless. So disappointed. Naan is also supposed to be soft and pillowy but the one served was hard and dense. The food here needs a little refinement considering it is fine dining.

Toronto has much better to offer.

“Great experience...highly recommended!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Toronto is known for its impressive restaurant selection but I have to admit my first experience with Kultura was very unique. A politician friend who by preference facilitates "business after 5" meetings" in restaurants vs. boardrooms recommended this place to me for an after 5. I have to admit, I felt taken aback when first greeted and when given a chance to absorb everything the final product was top shelf and service with panache! As a business owner myself I believe in 100% service and 100% promise/product. From one professional to another this experience was 210%! Hat's off to the owner and compliments to the chef...this restaurant has a social atmosphere but adds elegance to this dining environment environment. I brought my wife here for our anniversary and she could not be more pleased. I had the pleasure to meet the owner then and after learning more about him and the business it was evident that there was a lot of passion behind his vision. Their Cornets were superb and I had the Lamb for dinner, my wife had the Sea Bass...5 stars! I highly recommend this experience, looking forward to the next visit!

• Visited November 2012