“Couldn't get in for dinner, so had to settle for lunch.”
Review of c5 - CLOSED

c5
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bloor St. and Avenue Rd.
Transit: St. George* or Museum Subway Stop; (*St. George is wheelchair accessible)
Chicago, IL
“Couldn't get in for dinner, so had to settle for lunch.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I waited too long to try to make a reservation at this fabulous restaurant in the ROM and so had to settle lunch which surpassed our expectations. My husband began with a mushroom soup which was so thick it looked like porridge. He said it was delicious and since I don't care for mushrooms, I have to believe him as there was none left. For our entrees I had the chicken pot pie which contained tasty summer vegetables and my husband had a lamb dish which was served on pearl couscous. My chicken pot pie came with a small salad with a variety of fresh greens and a sprinkling of sunflower seeds. My husband had the pear tini and I had a glass of sauvignon blanc. I was too full for dessert, but he enjoyed his dessert which was a lovely banana and vanilla ice cream concoction that included a bit of maple syrup and black sesame seeds. We had a seat near the windows which was lovely because it was a very sunny day. Service is very good. Cost per person is about $40, including all items mentioned above and the tip. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012

Roquebrune Cap Martin
“Good food and relaxing place.”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Unusual restauarnt in the heart of the Royal Ontario Museum. The decoration is modern style and very bright.
The waiters were friendly, but the service by itself was not as professionnal as one could expect in such a place.
The food was good , not tremendous , nicely presented with a good quality .
We had some good time, in family , that 's the most important.

• Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“better go to Mc Donalds across the street”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

If you like good food, than better avoid this place.
The food is very bad, tasteless and of absolute lowest standards.
Was promised the best hamburger in Toronto, they call it the CT burger , and received a tasteless lump of ground beef full of connetive tissue.
My guests had the worst meal in their lives when they ordered the"bouillabaisse".
The Chef of C5 has no clue what a bouillabaisse should look like, and I strongly advise him to take cooking classes ASAP.
Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank konrad w
Toronto
“Perfect meal”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had lunch at C5 this week during our visit to the ROM. As always the food was delicious and the service warm and professional. There's a great selection of wines and non alcoholic drinks. We had the vichyssoise and mushroom flatbread for appetizers; I had the salmon special and my husband the burger, both delicious. I'd recommend a window seat overlooking Philosopher's Walk and Trinity College which gives a great view while you're dining.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank gillianrae
Aylmer, ON
“Fascinating site, great service, but not for the hungry”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This restaurant is on a top floor of the Royal Ontario Museum Cristal. With reservations you get in without paying admission to the Museum and a dedicated elevator takes you there. It is bright and contemporary with a fine view and the service was attentive. The food, even for the Summerliscious promotion which can be spotty in some restaurants, was tasty, but the portions were minimalist. Get the coconut panacotta!

Visited July 2012