“Worth a Stop In...”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Nice staff, good brews and tasty food. Prices are not too bad either. I had several brews and some great conversation at the bar here and would absolutly go back.

There are newer reviews for The Churchmouse and Firkin

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Cozy and friendly atmosphere.. Curry Poutine had a spicy kick to it but was very good. Spicy Chicken Lasagna was good.
Credit card accepted

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We frequent this restaurant sort of regularly it is sort of "pubby" however the menu has a great variety of choices, we enjoy being greeted like family members or at least old friends, I specifically like their Turkey BLT it is filled with turkey breast, tons of bacon, in fact rarely have I been able to eat the whole thing, or either split it with my partner, or box it up take it home and enjoy it later on in the evening, or the next day.
In the summer time, their patio is sort of crowdy cozy, but the guests who are out on the patio are usually very friendly and chatty, they have many plants hanging around there creating an nice homey patio atmosphere.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I were staying at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel on Younge Street and wanted a casual dinner in a restaurant within walking distance. The Churchmouse and Firkin was an excellent choice. We were offered a high table in the pub on the main floor or a table upstairs in the diningroom. We chose the diningroom which is a larger room. Daily specials were written on the blackboard. They offer a great selection of beers, both imports and domestic. We chose Guinness, of course. Our dinners were fresh, hot, tasty and filling. Typical pub food that was well prepared and promptly served. Our server was friendly, enquiring a couple of times about our meals, more drinks. The pub was busy, noisy and cheerful as a neighbourhood establishment should be. My husband and I would not hesitate to recommend this pub and would certainly eat there again when in Toronto.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stopped by this place after a long day of touring and enjoying Grey Cup Festivities in Toronto.
Very friendly staff, good menu and the food was great. Will definitely go back with friends. A little piece of Britain in downtown Toronto.