“great food in a comfortable setting in the heart of Queen east”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Basil

Green Basil
Ranked #1,479 of 8,440 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Neighborhood: East End
Toronto, Canada
“great food in a comfortable setting in the heart of Queen east”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This Thai restaurant is really wonderful. I frequent Green Basil at least once a month with friends and have never been disappointed with either the food or the service! I am celiac and they have no problem accommodating my diet requirements. The staff is fun and efficient and make your experience great! The prices are so reasonable and you always have enough left-overs for lunch the next day! I completely recommend The Green Basil as a go-to spot on Queen East, not to mention the awesome walk along the board walk after!

• Visited June 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Thai To Die For”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Beaches area in Toronto has many Thai restaurants. This is one of the best! My wife and I have eaten here often and have always been impressed by the delicious food, up-scale décor, and reasonable prices. On our most recent visit in mid-April 2013, we ordered off the $8.95 set-price "Combo" lunch menu. I had the Crispy Beef, while she chose Cashew Chicken. Both came with two delicious Spring Rolls, savoury Mango Salad, and a heaping serving of steamed rice. I've tried crispy beef at many other Thai restaurants, but the Green Basil's is by far the best! Crunchy, but not overdone, and perfectly spicy! My wife also loved the great taste and consistency of her amazingly good cashew nut chicken dish.

Our only beef was the unusually lackadaisical service: we went in (no waiter in sight); sat down (still no one appeared); waited several minutes (no help in sight); so I walked to the kitchen door, looked in, and called out. Finally, a waiter appeared (no apology for the wait), gave us menus and a glass of water. Once we ordered, we experienced the usually prompt and courteous service that we were used to! A "heads-up": paid parking on busy Queen Street outside is often hard to find, so head to a nearby side street, where free parking can usually be found within easy walking distance.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank curtiejoe
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Good food, would go back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Looking for food after a long day and just picked here out of convenience. I got the Melay chicken curry and my friend got the Pad Thai, we were both very happy with our food. Portion size was generous and service was good.

• Visited February 2013
canada
“Good place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have found this place to be very good value and excellent food and service

They also give u a discount if u have been there more than once which is a nice touch

toronto
“Great value, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

Consistently good food, great, friendly service both in the restaurant and take-out. I often order lunch for business meetings, and the food always arrives piping hot.