“Worth a visit”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North York
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Yesterday I developed a desire for lobster, so my wife and I decided to pay a visit to the Lobster Trap. We had not been there for a decade or more, and found that it looked pretty much as it did a decade or more ago. The same can unfortunately not be said about us, but nobody seemed to notice. ;)

To satisfy my desire, I ordered a steamed 2-pounder at $57. The lobster did its job; it was good, but was it my best ever? I doubt it. The dunking butter I ordered was - horrors! - salty.

My wife, who does not like seafood but came along anyway, ordered the Rack of New Zealand lamb. She raved about it, and since she gave me a taste of it, I can only rave about it also. If you don't go here for the lobster, go for the lamb! The French fries my wife ordered also tasted good, but, as someone else noted, were a very sparse portion, all the more so since the lamb was served without any vegetables.

The wine selection, in keeping with the decor and order of French fries, was rather sparse as well. The waitress was everything I would want: friendly, helpful, efficient.

I'll be back, maybe even before another decade or more goes by.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

My husband and I have been dining at this restuarant for 40 years,, the best lobster anywhere and we have travelled extensively ..... Ask for Jean if she is on when you visit ... best server

4  Thank sunlover1946
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I've been going to the Lobster Trap since I was 10 - it was the first place I ever ate lobster. The decor hasn't changed and the bathrooms are clean but really old but the food is never anything less than FABULOUS!!! I went for my 40th birthday with my husband. Great friendly service, everything arrived fresh, hot and perfectly spread out (no one brought the salad while we were still eating the soup) The lobsters are the best I've ever tasted outside of fresh caught in PEI. GEt the dinner and have the chowder - loaded with clams. You won't be disappointed here if you go for the food and not the looks.

2  Thank momee3021
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Visited the Trap for the first time last Sat very busy but got seated quickly, food was well prepared and the Bisque and Clam Chowder very good. I had a 1.25 pound lobster loved it.
Give this establishment a visit i know i will be returning

4  Thank Rich086
Reviewed October 31, 2011

i have been dining here for over 20 years. i have never had a better broiled lobster anywhere else. the service is always good and pleasant. the lobster meal is well priced and so delicious that you will want to return as soon as you can. the restaurant has not been updated but it is clean and always busy. i am planning my nesx visit as i write this review and so shoul you

4  Thank marciag21