“Food is good.... Place a bit small” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #314 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Neighborhood: Downtown
Toronto, Canada
“Food is good.... Place a bit small”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Good sashimi and elaborate appetizers. The place is a bit small felt we were sitting on other patrons lap

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“Best sushi ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Went here last night with my son and daughter in law, who eat here all the time, it was my first visit, I now understand why they are always raving about it, tiny place, really just a hole in the wall, but great ambiance, food was exceptional, especially the melt in the mouth butter fish. If I lived down town Toronto I'd be here all the time too, can't wait to eat here again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best Sushi joints I've been too, certainly the most creative.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Sushi was super fresh and flavourful.... never had anything like it. Sushi with a twist. Seared, marinated, chopped, mixed, you name it, they did it. Unbelievable. My whole family (and we are all sushi fans) my daughter in law is Japanese, loved it. We had to wait for our table, but the food made up for it, and then they gave us a whole platter of Sushi free right at the end which was such a lovely surprise. Now that's the way to do it! I also particularly loved the sushi wine they serve. Its some sort of concoction of their own, but it works. Worth the addition to the bill. Given the quality of food, and food prices in general in Canada, I give this 5*'s!! Enjoy!

Visited July 2013
Burlington, Ontario
“Fresh and expertly prepared sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm no sushi expert, so I did my research before deciding to try this place for an afternoon snack. We had the crunchy spicy tuna roll and the spicy salmon roll. Both were perfectly fresh and so tender - great mouth feel. This restaurant is tiny but has a great vibe. Authentic feel and not pretentious at all. I thought the row of regulars' chopsticks boxes mounted on the wall was pretty cool. I enjoyed the flavour of the complimentary soup but wished it was served hot instead of warm. Prices were very reasonable. Bathroom was clean but in need of a reno' or at least some finishing. I would definitely eat at Japango again.

Visited June 2013
“Used to be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I used to come here 9 years ago before I moved away from Toronto. Back then the food was stellar. Now the food is still good but not exceptional. Service is lacking and I felt like a pesky customer. The japango roll is still delicious, but there do seem to be anymore innovative dishes on the menu. I suspect that the owner is spending more time at his other restaurant, Yuzu, and Japango is now just an afterthought.

I recommend you go early. This place is small.

• Visited June 2013