“Great sushi ... To go!”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
“Great sushi ... To go!”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

delicious but consider take out- there are only a few crammed tables that dont offer much in the way of ambience

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I had been to Japango many times before, always enjoyed it. I don't know if there are new owners, but something has changed. I ordered a sashimi don and hamachi sashimi (I was hungry) ...

The salad arrived, the lettuce was rusty and some greens were well beyond their serve-by date. If these were greens in my 'fridge, they would have been tossed. The sashimi don was, as always very fresh and the gochuchang, truly divine. They brought me nigiri sushi when I had asked for sashimi, which I pointed out so that was an issue. Not once did they refill my tea. It was busy but there were servers who did not seem to be using their time effectively. VERY disappointed today. What has happened to you, Japango?? The Adjuma was friendly as always when I paid but I should have said something re: the experience today. For the important stuff, i.e. the quality of the fish - they are bang on. The best in TO. For the peripherals ... not too sure.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank D P
“Awesome FRESH Sushi”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Was staying at the Metropolitan Hotel and had Japango recommend by my sister-in-law. It's a two minute walk so decided to headover and grab some takeout. Had the standard (Tuna, Salmon, BBQ Eel) sushi along with a couple of their rolls. The sushi was incredibly fresh tasting. Normally I'm not a fan of sushi rolls, I find the almost always present guacamole and creamy dressing too over whelming a taste. The rolls we ordered suffered neither of these issues and were if not the best certainly in the top 3 sushi rolls I've ever had. Reasonably priced with quick service I'd definitely recommend Japango. It should be noted that the restaurant is tiny at best, there's very little seating so plan on waiting or order ahead for takeout.

• Visited April 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Must try their house roll (Japango Roll)”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I love this little tiny Japanese restauarant tucked away in DT Toronto. The only complain is that it's small. Reservation is a must. Don't expect to seat comfortably. But the food is worth it. Their recommended specials is always a hit! Sashimi always FRESH! One of my personal favourite is actually their house roll - Japango Roll. I normally am too full to order any hot items. Sushi/ Sashimi/ appetizers all the way.

Visited December 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Best sushi in the downtown University/Dundas area”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Be sure to make a reservation. You may not get a seat if you get here a few minutes after 12:00 for lunch, and Fridays are especially busy. It seats less than 20 in the tiny restaurant. It is very cramped.

The sushi is well made and the price is reasonable. I love their spicy scallop roll and white butter fish sashimi. Everything I have tried is very good, including the cooked foods like tempura and noodles. It is the best sushi in the area.

Service is good but due to its small size, the servers rush you out after you're done eating so this is not a leisurely place to lunch and therefore not a good place to bring clients for business talks. Japango is more for the die-hard sushi lovers who eat and run.

I highly recommend this place.

• Visited February 2012