“Very disappointed with our first and very likley last visit.”
Review of Restaurant Didier - CLOSED

Restaurant Didier
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Very disappointed with our first and very likley last visit.”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Excellent food.
Hence a real disapoontment overall given that the service was horrible. It detracted from the overall experience. The front of house is a real issue at thIs establishment and is serious need of repair.

ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The whole dining experience was really excellent.”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The menu had a number of interesting selections. I cho
se the duck duo. It was beautifully served and delicious. The escargots were memorable and the suggested wine went beautifully with all our selections. The staff were attentive without intruding. The whole experience could't have been better.

Toronto
“Awful service and rude waiters”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I went there for Valentine's dinner last night. We called the restaurant indicating that we were going to show up late. When we got there, we waited 10 minutes at the front before being approached by the Maitre' d. When we gave our name, she replied with snide remarks because we were late, and indicated they might have to take back our table early because they don't want later guests arriving and having to wait for a table because it would appear as if they have bad service. After we got our table, we were approached by 3 different waiters to get water and a menu. An hour after being seated, we were finally approached by yet another waiter to take our order! The bread wasn't served until 20 minutes after we ordered.
The food was decent, but their service was just horrible.

• Visited February 2012
toronto, ON
“I'd give less than zero points if I could.. actually Insulting service.”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

You know when you read negative reviews about a critically acclaimed restaurant and think 'well they must have been having an off night' or 'The service can't be THAT bad'?

Well tonight I learned to listen to them.

Didier was the most insulting restaurant experience I have ever had the misfortune of having.

The long story short - we waited 40+ minutes for someone to even take our order, were completely ignored despite the restaurant not being terribly busy, and finally left without eating a thing. When I did try to voice a complaint, the 'manager' basically tried to tell me it was our fault. It wasn't- we were there on time (I was early in fact) and just sat there with menus, trying to make eye contact while every other table was served course after course.

The best part was when my husband asked the server, she didn't even bother to apologize, just said to him 'Here, take your tip back and we'll call it even'.

Worst.Service.Ever.

• Visited February 2012
Toronto
“Expertly cooked fresh ingredients”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

On a cold January night we were given a warm welcome. Chef Didier came out to answer a query we had with the menu. The salad was very tasty and the fish cooked to perfection as were the delicious asparagus and green beans. I opted for the chocolate souffle with pistachio ice cream. The souffle cooked from scratch when you order is excellent. We enjoyed the fact that the food is not overly rich. Well worth a return visit.

• Visited January 2012