“Great food, atmosphere and service”

Mirto Italian Restaurant
Ranked #289 of 8,440 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
Edmonton, Canada
“Great food, atmosphere and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I had a great evening at Mirto. We asked our server if we could customize our dinner order, as we wanted a bit of a few dishes they offered. The server made a recommendation to us that wasn't on the dinner menu, which turned out to be perfect. We often share due to the size of the portions, so we shared the ceasar salad and our main dish, pasta in a cream sauce with shrimp. They were kind enough to split the order into separate dishes without asking.

Service was great, we never felt rushed, and took the time to enjoy a second glass of wine and the cheesecake. I'd return in a heartbeat, for both the service and the quality of the food, which was well worth the economical price.

• Visited September 2013

• Indonesian first
“Better than Terroni's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had the Linguini Gamberoni and the Mrs went for the Carmelina Pizza. Excellent food, fresh pasta and peaceful atmosphere. We made reservations for Terroni's but they were so busy they couldn't seat us a little earlier than our reservation but luckily we stumbled upon this charming gem! A must try!

• Visited September 2013
Onset
“A Great Toronto Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been to Toronto dozens of times on business trips, and was fortunate to find this place on one of my first visits there. My wife has often accompanied me, and we both rate Mirto as our favorite Toronto dining destination. It is located in an historic building with high ceilings, and has a casual, relaxed atmosphere. We have found the service there to be unfailingly friendly and attentive. The food is consistently excellent, and reasonably priced. My wife especially loves the Tiramasu. We have recommended this place to a number of friends, and they have all had a good experience

Wynantskill, New York
“Average Italian, no leftovers, pricier than usual”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Though a friendly staff will be there to bring your service the food was less than exciting. I had pasta with shrimp, he had steak. Would probably suggest looking elsewhere for Italian. It's just not worth the cost.

Toronto
“Food was good but service was lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were looking forward to trying Mirto after reading a lot of good reviews and had a good deal with a Groupon certificate - two salads, two pastas, two mains and one shared desert. We were given a limited menu to choose from, but still saw items that look enticing. We were disappointed, though, to find out that although there were different items offered in each category, we were both required to choose the same item, with no explanation as to the reasoning. The food that we selected was good. Regarding service, the servers were not very friendly - the plates were deposited on our table but that was it, even when we were complimentary. I often use Groupon certificates to try out restaurants to see if I would go back and pay full price or would recommend the restaurant to friends and family. This experience would not result in my doing either of these.

2 Thank ConsultantToronto