“Eggs anyway you want them”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Over Easy

Over Easy
Ranked #302 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Biddulph, United Kingdom
“Eggs anyway you want them”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This restaurant was just next door to our hotel and was a convenient place for breakfast. I had scrambled eggs with bacon, sausage and home fries which was very good and completely filling. My partner had porridge followed by scrambled eggs which she enjoyed. Service was good with extra coffee being offered regularly.

Visited April 2013

Bloomington, Indiana
“Solid, family-type breakfast/lunch place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

If you want a place that's serious about breakfast, this is the place for you. Fresh orange juice, crisp bacon that's not greasy, half a dozen of varieties of Eggs Benedict (I had the Eggs Bruschetta: poached eggs over bruschetta: Eggs Benedict without the hollandaise); good coffee (decat, cappucino, etc.). Breakfast for two all under $40.

It was our last day in Toronto, or we'd go back.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Good Food at Moderate Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My most recent visit to Over Easy, on Bloor, was a Sunday lunch where I met 2 friends before going on to an afternoon event. We hadn't seen each other for awhile & wanted a place to have some good food & good conversation, without breaking the bank.The portions are large, with fresh tasting ingredients Once you are at the table, your server is there almost immediately with coffee.

The restaurant specializes in American-style breakfast/lunch food e.g. sandwiches, soups salads, a whole page of egg dishes, fresh juice, etc. The menu has a big variety & I doubt there would be anyone who couldn't find something they liked. You can check the menu on-line from your hotel room or wherever you are staying.

This restaurant is always busy; because it is relatively small & only open for the breakfast & lunch crowd......plus, it is the only place within a short walk of the Museum, 3 hotels & the subway that has good food at a moderate price. So if you're in a hurry, I suggest you continue walking west, to the end of the block (Bedford Rd) where you will find Tim Horton's & Starbucks; or a few doors away, Macdonald's.

Otherwise, your only other options are the hotel restaurants, Yorkville & the hotdog street vendors.

My suggestion is try to plan your visit slightly before or after the breakfast/lunch crowd if you worried about your time.

A nice plus, is the small outdoor eating section. It's right on the street; but what better place to people-watch on Bloor St. while having your coffee.

• Visited May 2012
Ottawa
“The Big Salad is very tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

While staying at the Intercontinental Hotel on Bloor St W, I wanted to get a quick inexpensive lunch. It was a bitterly cold day in Toronto and I ran into Over Easy.
Service was friendly and good. They have a very extensive menu. The breakfasts looked very good.
I chose a chicken salad. The Big Salad I think it was called. It came with chicken which was hot and freshly cooked. Variety of lettuces delicious with chunks of fresh avocado and spring onions. Their coffee wasn't wonderful but I would highly recommend this place for its food. An inexpensive eatery in the pricey shopping area of Yorkville.

Kitchener, Canada
“Good Food, No Surprises!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We arrived one hour before the ROM opened and decided to find a place for breakfast. On entering the restaurant we were seated almost immediately, received the menus, ordered coffee and glasses of water right away. My daughter ordered French Toast, with real maple syrup, side order of home fries, and bacon. We both had a large glass of orange juice. I had two eggs over easy, with bacon, and home fries. I added a side order of Bacon. Everything we ordered came in a very good time, The server was friendly, and returned to check on us regularly to see if there was anything else we needed. The place was packed! All of the food we ordered was very good! The coffee is alright, but a better brand of coffee would put this place over the top!! I found the cleanliness of this restaurant, and the washrooms to be in very good condition! I will return when I visit Toronto in the future!

• Visited March 2013