“Exquisite taste if pricey”
Review of Sushi Kaji

Sushi Kaji
Ranked #370 of 8,576 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Toronto, Canada
“Exquisite taste if pricey”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Chef Kaji and his staff prepared a delicious sampling of Japanese food. All so fresh and well prepared and presented. We regretted not sitting at the counter to watch the preparations. Our evening was only marred by a couple who talked with their mouths full and smacked their lips - which also means the tables are really too close together - and that's the reason we can't give it 5 stars. But other than that we totally enjoyed our meal there.

• Visited November 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing meal -- but definitely pricey”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I took her parents there for her Dad's birthday. The meal was nothing short of spectacular -- the sushi in particular was absolutely AMAZING, course after course after course of inventive sushi. I've never had the privilege of having such great sushi, and I definitely recommend the place wholeheartedly.

You're paying for the food, the decor is ... eh, it's OK. The service was great. The meal was pricey ($150 or $120 prix fixe, that's all they have), but my god was it worth it. Definitely one of the top 3 or 4 meals I've ever had, and my wife and I are real foodies.

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“You mean I don't have to go to Japan for Exquisite Sushi...”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The BEST sushi experience to date. We were introduced to Kaji through some friends who are long time customers and all of our expectations were exceeded.

Having heard about the sushi Master Kaji for years this spot was on the top of our list of "places to eat". We have had the honour of dining at Kaji a few times and have found it impossible to eat sushi anywhere else in the city after having it here.

Fresh, artistic and well balanced are 3 words I'd use to describe the art of Kaji's coursed menu. Every visit has been unique and leaves us counting down the days until our next great sushi meal.

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“The #1 choice for Sushi in Canada!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

If I want to treat my self and my family, Sushi Kaji is OUR #1 choice in Toronto, Canada!

My family decided to have my birthday there, excellent choice! we ordered the only 2 tasting menus they offer: WAGYU-$150 and TAKUMI-$120. in order not to spoil your surprise, I will not comment on the details of each dish! I will leave it to you to find out. The manager told us that the menu changes on a monthly basis (every Wednesday).
I can say, with BIG confidence, that Sushi Kaji is at the same level of the finest Sushi Restaurants in Tokyo and Kyoto! which I have been to lots of throughout the past years. Chef KAJI (a very friendly and funny person, love this guy!) surprised us with the ingredients he gets directly from Japan, to name few: UNI, ANAGO (WOW!), AWABE/Abalone (excellent) and of course, the mouth watering that melts in your mouth (TORO).

The service was TOP Notch! We really felt that we are in TOKYO or KYOTO!

A must visit for foodies and connoisseurs who appreciate the BEST cuisine in the world (Japanese!)

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Chef Kaji doesn't disappoint”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My first time to Kaji was almost 6 years ago and just recently went back again to celebrate a special occasion, and the food was just as good as I remembered. It's definitely not cheap and the neighborhood hasn't got any better, but the food definitely won't disappoint you.

• Visited July 2013