“A Big Surprise”

Neighborhood: Scarborough
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Big Surprise”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was surprise at the excellent taste at this restaurant. The Mumbai beef is the best. The shrimp fried rice is also good a little different then Chinese fries rice. I also had mango salad which was pretty good but could use more fish oil or seasoning but it wasn't cheapened out with sprouts. The total for the 3 of us was only $25 plus tip.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Shawn H

“Best Hakka food ever!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

You must try the pakoras! Our family loves this restaurant and we live nearby so we eat here often. It's a great meal with great value. Staff are attentive and kind. We will definitely be back! Awesome!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank SeaofCyn
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Excellent Hakka Chinese food with spicy twist. Loved the soup. Went with two families with four kids and the bill was still within the budget. Unfrtunately turned out to be a bad experience as our car was hit in the parking and badly damaged our Acura MDX. Nobody left a note or any other information. What else you can expect in a big city like Toronto!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mazib R
Toronto, Canada
“My favourite GTA Hakka, hands down.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was brought here by a friend from very far away. He claimed that when looking for delicious Hakka cuisine, China Cottage was the place to go. My eyes were opened and I can't eat Chinese Food anymore. Hakka has the blend of Indian and Chinese I'd been waiting for all my life. Of all the different Hakka restaurants I've visited since, this is the one I continue to return to.

China Cottage is located in a non-descript little plaza in the Warden/Ellesmere area, and the plaza is busy. The restaurant is busy. It's always a small trial to find parking, but it's worth it.

The portions are huge and easily sharable. What we've done in the past is order everything Cantonese style, then Manchurian style, then Szechuan style. They have plenty of options, and more than enough to satisfy any adventurous vegetarians.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Brad C
“Hakka Fish!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Delicious halal food. Good service! The Hakka fish is so good, I wanted to weep with joy!

Great value! Generous portion sizes!

A favourite place to go back to again and again.

• Visited September 2013