“Great brunch/breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Manor Road
Transit: Exit the Yonge and Eglinton TTC station through the south exit, we are a short walk south, just past the Art Shoppe on the North, East corner of Yonge and Manor Road.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have been to Coquine a few times for late morning breakfast. Love the omlette specials. Service is great and friendly. The fries that come with some of the entree's are delicious you can't help but devour them, but unfortunately 2x that we had them, they didn't agree with us. I would definitely try out their omlettes and other morning specials!

1  Thank Kathryn G

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was very disappointed when I ate there for the 2nd time and ordered Steak Frites. The steak came burned far beyond well done and the server actually served it to me. When I told the manager he said he wouldn't charge me like he was doing me a favour. At that point, when my friends were almost finished eating and I was finally offered something else, I declined. I left hungry and will not be back there again. There are many great restaurants in Toronto and this is a waste of time!

4  Thank M M
CoquineToronto, General Manager at Coquine Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Hello,

My name is Luke Madigan, I am the manager of Coquine. I want to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience on Wednesday evening. I apologize for the quality of your meal and am sorry that it was served to you. We pride ourselves on our service and meal standards and we obviously failed you during your meal. I would like to invite you back to the restaurant for us to make this right. Please feel free to reach out to me or Rob Prete, the owner, at 416-322-6767 or dine@coquinerestaurant.com Again, thank you for taking the time to give us this valuable feedback and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Tonight, we had a dinner party in honor of our friend who is getting married soon. We chose Coquine because we expected to have a great meal and the location is very central so everyone could meet there.
It turned out to be the perfect choice: The owner and his staff welcomed us warmly, drinks and appetizers were fast, our meals arrived together and looked + tasted amazing. The lamb shank looked so good that my friend was texting pictures to her husband tantalizing him with her dinner choice. Another favorite was the Crevettes et Coquilles – just thinking of it makes me want to go back. The wine was great, too bad we could not stay late to enjoy some more of it. Some of us even indulged in the scrumptious chocolate cake and crapes. The service was absolutely impeccable, despite the place being packed. As always, if I want to rely on the quality of the dining experience – Coquine is a sure bet! Thank you everyone at Coquine for making our evening so enjoyable.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Disappointed that there are more Italian white wines than french. Was told the restaurant is owned by Italians..... So maybe should be a Mediterranean restaurant instead of a half hearted French restaurant.
Mussels were a lovely starter. Can recommend
Had to wait over an hour for our OK main course after complaining twice but were kindly given free drinks. The waiter was great but over worked.
Overall was OK. This restaurant is over rated on trip advisor and wouldnt particularly go again

2  Thank bermuda1064
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This place far exceeded all my expectations! Delicious food and very attentive staff. Can not wait until I can go again. Steak Frites was pure perfection. Beautiful wine list to boot. Thank you for having me.

2  Thank Philip321