“Good food and amazing service!”
Review of Coquine Restaurant

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Manor Road
Transit: Exit the Yonge and Eglinton TTC station through the south exit, we are a short walk south, just past the Art Shoppe on the North, East corner of Yonge and Manor Road.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My friends and I went there for dinner on a Saturday evening for my birthday. Not only they were able to accommodate 25 of us, their service was fantastic. We were seated in the private dining room at the back with dimmed lights, nice big chandler, and Parisian drawings all over the walls. Overall, a great atmosphere. The food was amazing and everyone enjoyed their meal – the steaks were perfectly cooked and the chicken was very moist. My friends are actually looking forward in trying their regular menu in the near future. I highly recommend this if you’re looking for a good meal with friendly staff.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Pros: Food is good, the desserts are all die for. The service is OK but nothing special.
Cons: The prices are a little bit on the high side comparing to the same kind of places. Very noisy, the tables are very closely arranged, no privacy at all.

1  Thank Eva1963
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular. Always have a great time and regularly meet new people. The patrons are nice and friendly as is the staff. Food is excellent. The specials are always worth ordering. I have never not enjoy my experience there.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Coquine Restaurant Review

For a taste of Paris dine at Coquine on 2075 Yonge St. above Manor Rd. in Toronto. There is ample street and side street parking close by as well as easily accessible subway at Davisville.
Enter through the eclectic bar awash in silver and black. The main dining room is long with floor to ceiling front windows, black furnishings, candlelight (at dinner) and a black wall of shelves with table height mirrors. French cabaret music wafts through the air adding to the ambience. On Sundays you can enjoy live jazz from 7 – 9 pm.
Main courses are hearty, authentic fare such as foie de veau (veal liver), steak frites, cassoulet (white beans, pork belly, duck sausage and duck confit) to name a few. Save room for vanilla crème brule with fresh berries or torte au chocolat (warm flourless chocolate torte) a taste treat for foodies and gluten free diners alike.
Service is attentive. Management helped me make my boyfriend’s birthday special by delivering a light and airy crème brule with a candle and best wishes at the close of our meal – a lovely surprise. Their lattes are creamy and delicious.
My beau who has lived and worked in France commented “the great restaurant you chose for our outing, where we will definitely go again, served the best foie de veau I have had so far in Toronto and in a convincingly French setting.
Bon appetit!

1  Thank GMurray
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Delicious food, both for lunch and dinner. (Try the chicken). I love that the place hasn't been modernized like so many bistros, with the character stripped away--Coquine is a little slice of what a French bistro should be like, though space limitations make the rolling coat rack a bit of an eyesore. Service is friendly and this is a highly recommended go-to restaurant, a charming neighbourhood hangout.